Blackboard Learn Faculty Support
What is Blackboard Learn?
Blackboard Learn technology helps you make learning more effective in and beyond the traditional walls by
- breathing life into educational content
- bringing efficiency to day-to-day tasks
- empowering instructors with tools to engage every learner
- motivating them on the devices they rely on
- promoting collaboration and streamlining processes
You’ll have the right toolkit—one that is proven and constantly evolves to meet your needs. It will be flexible and easy to use—from managing content, engaging learners to assessing outcomes.
Blackboard Policies and Procedures
Please see Blackboard Policies and Procedures for important information regarding use of Blackboard at UMass Boston.
Blackboard Learn Content Request
The University provides a Blackboard course shell for every class listed in Wiser. Your Blackboard course will allow you to continue teaching and learning activities even when the University is closed. To make use of your Blackboard course, you need to use the Blackboard Course Request for one of two options for each course you are teaching:
- Have content copied from a previous session of that course, or
- Use the UMass Boston template created by our instructional designers.
Getting Course Design Help
How to use Blackboard Learn
- Blackboard Quick Start Guide
- The Official Blackboard Help Site for Faculty
- Atomic Learning - Online tutorials are available for Blackboard Learn. Enter "Blackboard" for Filter and "9.1" for version.
Getting Technical Help
24/7 technical assistance is available to students and faculty via;
Blackboard Learn Student Support
Blackboard Learn guides for students, how to login and getting support.