Below is the policy that should be followed when adding content to your website. By following this policy, your website content and presentation will best represent your department and University of Massachusetts Boston.
Please remember that all academic information must be approved by academic governance. You are responsible for the accuracy of your content. Web pages that do not comply with these policy guidelines may be modified or removed from the university website.
- Keep images at 72 dpi and under 50 KB.
- Filenames and folders must be all lowercase with no spaces in between words (use_underscores) and keep file and folder names as short as possible.
- Use the UMass calendar request form http://site.www.umb.edu/spacerequest/
to schedule events held by your college, department, or program.
- Do not replicate information that is currently on the UMass Boston site, but rather link to these areas of the site.
- Do not publish any content on a website that has not been approved by appropriate personnel or that is incomplete.
Each department/division should know the CMS editor assigned to their website. If or when that person leaves, a new editor should be assigned and Web Services should be notified of their replacement.
Please see the Web Governance section for details on adding content to the UMass Boston website.