We can offer specially priced (site licensed) software to faculty and staff members.
Includes Microsoft and Other Vendors Below
UMass Boston - Current Staff and Faculty Only
The License agreements cover University of Massachusetts Faculty, Staff, and Institutional computers ONLY. Undergraduate students, and retired faculty and staff, are not eligible for software under the license agreements. Graduate students that are employed by the university are considered university staff and are covered by the MS license and Mathematica license.
The next sections discuss:
Send an e-mail message to email@example.com from your umb email account.
- Specify Macintosh or Windows for Office.
- Specify a LOAN or PURCHASE of the CD.
The CDs are due back within 5 business days.
If you need it longer, please specify in your request.
- CDs are $15 each
- For Departmental requests specify an account number to recharge.
We will need the PeopleSoft Financial information: SpeedType.
Include this new information in your request for software email.
For personal sales, make your check out to COMPUTER TRUST FUND. NOTE: You must pick up the CD yourself. (Loan or Purchase.) You will be asked to show your STAFF ID and to sign for the CD.
- Office 2004 for Macintosh—Available for OS 10.2.8 and higher only
- Office 2008 for Macintosh—Available for OS 10.4.9 and higher only
- Office 2011 for Macintosh -- Available for OS 10.5.8 and higher only
- Office 2007 Publisher included
- Office 2010 Publisher included
- Project 2010
- Visio 2010
- MS Visual Studio.Net 2010
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows XP Pro SP/3
- Windows 7 Enterprise (32 or 64 bit)
CAUTION: Windows OS XP Home and Millenium (ME)
Versions of these operating systems are not allowed on the University network for any reason. Essential security does not exist in these versions and would compromise the safe computing environment we require for our network. Unauthorized network connections will be removed.
QSR's — NVIVO 9 for PC & Mac(Intel based machines running windows)
- For Faculty teaching Qualitative Analysis or staff conducting qualitative analysis
- Download — Free (still must contact NeedCD@umb.edu for license code)
- 1 CD Set, $15
- SPSS ver. 21.0 for WINDOWS and 21.0 for MAC - 1 DVD, $15 for license & $15 for the CD - this is a purchase. There are no loans.
Amos 21.0 is available $15 for license, a separate disk
Note: Earlier Versions of SPSS are no longer offered or supported. License is 15.00 perpetual.
Each employee is individually responsible for reading, understanding, and following all applicable licenses, notices, contracts, and agreements for software that he or she uses or seeks to use on company computers. Unless otherwise provided in the applicable license, notice, contract, or agreement, any duplication of copyrighted software, except for backup and archival purposes, may be a violation of federal and state law. In addition to violating such laws, unauthorized duplication of software is a violation of the company’s Software/Hardware Policy.
For Microsoft License campus agreement please see http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/5/e/95eae8a2-13fe-4a93-a5cd-87eced34f247/CA3ProgramGuide.doc