Data Center Operations
Data Center operations consists of ongoing management and operations of Data Center environmentals, such as:
- Fire suppression system infrastructure
- Installation, maintenance, and monitoring of power feeds for all critical loads
Maintenance and oversight of critital power and other Data Center infrastructure, environment, and facility needs, including:
- UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply)
- Automatic transfer switch and generator equipment
- Cooling, ensuring adequate environmental controls
- Maintenance and administration of security systems, surveillance cameras, pin access controls to facility
- Inergen fire suppression system
- Smoke detectro notification and pre-action dry sprinkler valve cabinet
All Data Center clients to include IT Operations Group, IT Systems Group, IT Network Group and UMass System Office (UMSO) and co-location clients.
Installation service is available to clients during regular university business hours.
Emergency service to the facility is available 24/7.
Service is requested through the IT Service Desk via the HEAT ticketing system or email to email@example.com.
Contact the IT Service Desk
8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.