Boston is home to a number of world-class museums. We encourage UMass Boston students to take full advantage of these institutions, and to use the privileged access that our students enjoy:
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
As members of the University Membership program at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum you receive ONE free General Admission ticket per visit. Be sure to pick up your UMB Gardner Museum sticker at CLA advising or at the Art Dept. Office. At this time advanced tickets are required for entry and can be reserved online at gardnermuseum.org/visit. GET TICKETS: Go to the event ticket page on the website.
- Apply promo code UMASSCLA. If you wait until checkout to apply the code, the price will not change if the ticket is already in the basket.)
- Hit "submit"
- Choose your date and time
- Add Student (or Adult ticket for faculty/staff) ticket to the cart - only one per ticket order
- Log in or create an account
- Continue to "check out". You will see the ticket go to $0 in your cart Please present both your e-tickets and a valid University ID (with the CLA sticker) with you arrive. Should you have any difficulty securing tickets online, please contact the Box Office at 617 278 5156 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to review our health and safety requirements on our website at isgm.org/welcome before visiting the Museum. Know before you go!
Museum of Fine Arts
The Museum of Fine Arts is among the country’s most important collections of art. Its collections span the globe and human history. All UMass Boston students have free admission to the museum. MFA tickets are available same-day only and onsite by showing your university ID.
For opening hours and more information visit: www.mfa.org
Institute of Contemporary Art
Students enrolled in Art courses for the 2022-2023 academic year may visit the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston free of charge. The modality for doing so, though, has slightly changed per the museum's policy:
-Student must reserve a free ticket online at the museum's website using the code UMB2022ICA: www.icaboston.org/page/university-membership
-Students must also obtain a free sticker from the Art Department to put on their UMB ID and show it at the museum. These can be obtained from faculty members or the dept. office.
Harvard Art Museums
Please consult their webpage for COVID-19-related closings. Harvard Art Museums are normally free when you present your UMass Boston ID.
For opening hours and more information visit: www.harvardartmuseums.org
For more information on our Museum Partnerships, please contact: email@example.com
There are paid summer internships reserved for UMB CLA students. Internships consist of: 2 hrs/wk in seminar; 2 hrs/wk in Gallery Ambassadorship; 24 hrs/wk in one of the following museum departments:
- Contemporary Art
- Exhibitions and Operations
- Public Programs
Students apply to work in one museum department.
March 19, 2023
May 30 - July 28, 2023
Applications must include:
- 150-word paragraph describing how participation in the program will help you reach your future academic and career goals
- If applying to more than one position, a ranking of your top three choices
Send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.