Learning objectives for the French and Italian Majors
Upon completion of the Major in French and the Major in Italian, students will be able to:
- Communicate proficiently, using all four skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing), in academic, professional, and everyday settings in the language that is required by their selected major.
- Conduct and disseminate undergraduate level academic research both orally and in writing in the language that is required by their selected major.
- Identify and analyze cultural representations of the languages, cultures and societies of the French & Francophone/or Italian world, their own, and those produced by others, in accordance with academic standards.
- Recognize and utilize appropriate methodologies in order to explicitly outline a research plan to conduct academic research at the undergraduate level.
- Produce scholarly work in dialogue with academic fields such as anthropology, history, and geography at the undergraduate level.