About High-Impact Humanities
High-Impact Humanities at UMass Boston
At UMB, the High-Impact Humanities initiative fosters curricular innovation and access to exciting humanities programming that links our students and faculty to the community and opens career paths for students.
Highlights for 2020-21
- Innovative Humanities Classes Enrich UMB’s Curriculum
Faculty in the humanities developed new, highly-engaging courses to the undergraduate curriculum. 23 new courses have been developed through this grant; every class can access writing support through the English Department’s Writing Nook.
Click on HIH Courses to see what’s happening this year!
- Humanities students explore connections to career paths in their academic classes
- Speakers and activities enliven humanities courses
- Sponsored activities connect students to Boston's cultural resources. Events like poetry readings, theater performances, lectures, and visits to local museums are supported by a Faculty Advisory Board and a Student Advisory Board.
- Careers in Humanities course. This one-credit career class is specifically designed to help humanities majors connect the intellectual work and excitement of their academic work to post-college career paths.