Research & Impact
Our nationally and internationally recognized scholars conduct interdisciplinary and values-driven research demonstrating our deep commitment to making a difference in our communities.
Our faculty members and fellows;
- approach each discipline with academic rigor and objectivity.
- have special expertise as practitioners of public policy.
- address policy issues of all kinds, generally focusing on issues of an urban society.
- understand that social and economic inequities are inherent in our system and work to develop the tools to evaluate and address those inequities.
- see diversity—in age, race, gender, ethnicity, and nationality—as central to our makeup, to great learning, and to our region's economic future.