Business, Acquisitions, and Technical Services
The Business Acquisitions and Technical Services department is an internal unit of the Healey Library. BATS acquires, receives/catalogs and manages the processing of all items (print, electronic, digital media, subscriptions, etc.) that will be added to or deaccessioned from the Library's collections.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I place a book or film on reserve for my students to view outside of class?
See instructions for placing an item on reserve.
- How do I reserve a film to show to my class?
Complete the form to reserve a film for classroom viewing.
- How do I suggest items to be added to the library's collections?
Complete the form to add a book/monograph, film (DVD format only), or journal/serial subscription.
- How do I borrow an article, book, or film that is not in the library's catalog?
We provide borrowing services through other libraries using InterLibrary loan.
- How do I make a donation to the Healey Library collections?
See our gift policy for complete details.
- Paula Ayers
Assistant Dean for Administration and Finance
- Alia-Anor Akaeze
- Carol Reiman
Receiving and Processing Coordinator
- Ivelisse Caraballo
Business and Operations Assistant
- Lisa Romano
Head of Technical Services
- Ask a Librarian
- Catalog (Search Healey Library)
- Course Reserves
- Databases & Indexes
- InterLibrary Loan
- Research Guides: Search by topic
- Worldcat at UMass Boston (Search libraries worldwide)
- Your Account
- Info for Faculty
- ScholarWorks (Campus Archives for Faculty Research and Publications)
- Library Newsletter
- Give Now