Quiet Study (6th Floor)
The sixth floor is the only designated quiet area in the library building. Please refrain from group study, turn off your cell phone, and use earphones when using any electronic devices. Please report any noise complaints to the Circulation Desk at 617.287.5900.
Group Study (8th Floor)
Group study is encouraged on the eighth floor. There are ten study carrels of various sizes that can accommodate groups of two to eight people.
Other Places of Interest
- Several couches and tables on the second and third floors overlook the harbor.
- The Healey Library Cafe on the second floor contains a bar and several tables.
- The fourth floor has several long tables with overhead lamps.
- The fifth floor has a large study table near the University Archives gallery displays.
- Ask a Librarian
- Catalog (Search Healey Library)
- Course Reserves
- Databases & Indexes
- InterLibrary Loan
- Research Guides: Search by topic
- Worldcat at UMass Boston (Search libraries worldwide)
- Your Account
- Info for Faculty
- ScholarWorks (Campus Archives for Faculty Research and Publications)
- Library Newsletter
- Give Now