Register for Orientation
The Office for New Student Programs utilizes an online reservation system that allows students to choose a session that works with their schedule.
Register for orientation today!
It is important that newly admitted students complete their own reservation for orientation. Parents or family members should not register on behalf of the student.
How to Sign Up:
Note: Before you are able to sign up for Beacon Beginnings, you must pay your New Student Deposit. Once your deposit has been received please allow 2-3 business days for your payment to be processed. You can pay your deposit here or to verify that your deposit has been received, please contact Undergraduate Admissions at 617.287.6100 or email@example.com.
- Log on to our orientation reservation system. Click here to login.
- Use your 8-digit UMS ID number (located on your official acceptance letter) and your full name as it appears on your application.
- Enter your new UMass Boston email address, this ensures that you will receive your reservation confirmation, reservation reminders and any other important updates about your orientation date. Please be sure to CHECK YOUR EMAIL regularly.
- Follow the instructions to create a password that you will remember, so you can log back into this account in the future to make any changes to your orientation date. You may make changes up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled orientation date.
- Once you have created an account and logged in, you will be prompted to go through a series of questions that will assist you in choosing your orientation date. Follow through to the end of the questionnaire and be sure to click SUBMIT at the end to complete your reservation. If you need to make changes to your orientation date at any time, you may log back in to your account and choose a new date.
Do you have more questions about creating your online reservation, attending Beacon Beginnings, or more? Check out our FAQs page!
Office for New Student Programs
Campus Center, 2nd Floor, 2405
Monday through Friday
9 a.m.–5 p.m.