Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement
The Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement offers a variety of leadership training and development opportunities by engaging students with community organizations and partners. Our goal is to create effective civic leaders in the classroom, on campus, the community and beyond. Through involvement with our programs, students build interpersonal competence and examine humanitarianism as well as civic engagement.
- World Café: Responding with Love, Friendship, and Understanding
- Thursday, February 16 from 3PM – 5PM
- Join UMass Boston’s Breaking the Cycle of Violence Initiative & Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement in a dialogue surrounding nonviolence. Click here to register.
- Beacon Awards
- Nominations are currently being accepted now through Monday, March 6, 2017 for Beacon Awards. These annual awards recognize the unique accomplishments and dedication of UMass Boston’s outstanding students. All UMB students, faculty, staff, and partners are eligible to nominate a student or group. Self nominations are also encouraged.
- To read a full description of each of the award categories, click here.
Please click the programs below to be taken to their applications.