The Campus Kitchen at UMass Boston
The Campus Kitchens Project is a national, volunteer-driven hunger relief organization empowering the next generation of students to implement innovative models for combating hunger, improving food systems, and helping communities to help themselves. CKUMB partners with on-campus dining and local resources to rescue unserved, usable food, reducing waste for donors and food costs for meal recipients.
Through running an on-campus community kitchen, students at the Campus Kitchen at UMass Boston (CKUMB) develop leadership and entrepreneurial skills that contribute to their successes in future careers well beyond their college years. Students also go “beyond the meal” by establishing community garden initiatives, teaching nutrition education, maintaining client relations, addressing senior nutrition issues, and assisting with food policy reformation events.
To volunteer, sign up here!
Meal Delivery: Volunteers with access to a car are needed to help deliver meals to our local clients throughout the week. The times and shifts vary each semester, so contact us to find out more!
Food Security Initiatives: Volunteers engage underserved youth and elders in nutrition education, cooking classes and hands-on gardening to broaden their understanding of healthy eating on a tight budget.
Senior/SNAP Outreach: Volunteers assist senior clients to apply for SNAP benefits and to access other food assistance.
Like Us on Facebook to stay up to date with events and volunteer opportunities.
Become part of the CKUMB Leadership Team!
Leadership Team Objectives:
- Provide leadership opportunities
- Have a role in operational activities, as well as in the growth and continuation of the Campus Kitchen programming
- Learn the basics of nonprofit management and organizational structure
- Play a valuable role in the Boston and UMass communities
Expectations for Leadership Team Members:
- Serve as a shift leader: Lead or co-lead a regular shift once a week
- Attend Leadership Team meetings: One meeting every other week
- Commit to 1 year: Leadership Team members are asked to serve for at least 1 academic year (2 consecutive semesters); positions may be renewed
Click here to learn more about Leadership Team roles and responsibilities.
To learn more, email email@example.com.
Campus Kitchen at UMass Boston
Campus Center, 2nd Floor, Suite 2300