R/V John F Looney
The R/V John F Looney is a 46 ft stern loading buoy tender. She is ideal for coastal research projects, mooring work, and recovery. This vessel is a steel construction; with a beam of 16’2” draft of 5’1” and a cruising range of 440 nautical miles.
- 4000lb lifting capacity
- 8 ton car capacity
- 12.5KW Genset Generator, 220V
- Full galley including fridge, sink and stove
- Crews’ berthing is conditioned and equipped with head/shower
- On deck are hot/cold H20 and compressed air.
Charter rates for R/V Looney:
- $270 for two hours, $90 per hour for each additional hour.
- 10% discount for UMass Boston faculty, staff, alumni and not for profit organizations.
Cancellations made no later than 5 days in advance of charter or reservation will result in a full refund of 10% deposit. Cancellations made less than 5 days in advance of charter or reservation will result in a loss of 10% deposit. The Division of Marine Operations reserves the right to cancel your event or change your venue due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances or events. An attempt for ample notification will be given but not guaranteed. Deposits will be refunded in full for such a case. In the event of a cancellation of a charter or reservation, DMO will attempt to reschedule within the same calendar year.