FY 2014 Community Mediation Center Grant Application Process
MOPC will follow the process outlined below in its FY 2014 grant-making:
• Development of grant-making policies and budget
• Development of grant procedures and criteria
• Appointment of Grant Review Committee
• Issuance of Grant Application Request (GAR) – June 3, 2013
• Posting on MOPC website and state procurement website
• Deadline for submission of grant application questions by June 14, 2013
• Briefing for grant applicants at UMass Boston on June 14, 2013 (9:30 am – 12:30 pm)
• Deadline for submission of grant application – July 1, 2013
• Review of grant applications by MOPC and Grant Review Committee
• Determination of grant recipients and awards by MOPC
• Notice of grant determinations to all applicants
• Execution of letters of agreement and contracts by grantees
FY 2014 Grant Guidelines & Application Form
See grant guidelines and the grant application form below for further details and instructions on how to apply.
Please note: The FY 2014 Grant Application Request is for “pre-qualified centers” only (i.e., those centers who received FY 2013 state operating grants).
Grant application-related questions were accepted by MOPC via email through Friday, June 14th. Potential applicants also had the opportunity to ask questions in person at an optional briefing held Friday, June14th at the University of Massachusetts Boston. The following document provides answers to the questions submitted to MOPC:
FY 2014 Grant Review Committee
All community mediation center grant applications will go through a two-stage review process. In the first phase, applications will be reviewed by a MOPC-appointed Grant Review Committee consisting of MOPC/University staff or faculty and senior practitioners and program administrators from the mediation field with community mediation knowledge and experience. This Committee will review the applications from pre-qualified centers and applicant eligibility for baseline grants and performance-based grants. The section of the application on Community Project Grants will be reviewed by MOPC Grant Program staff. For phase two of the review process, MOPC’s Executive Director will consider applicant submissions and recommendations from the Grant Review Committee and MOPC Grant Program staff, and will make the final grant award decisions, including recipients and funding levels.
FY14 Grant Review Committee:
- Hon. Gail Perlman (Ret.): former chair of the Trial Court Standing Committee on Dispute Resolution; retired Justice of the Probate & Family Court.
- Melissa Brodrick, M.Ed.: former director of the MA Association of Mediation Programs & Practitioners; former board member of the National Association for Community Mediation.
- Courtney Breese: MOPC Program Manager; Interim Community Mediation Center Grant Program Manager.
As of September 2013, the following fourteen (14) centers were awarded FY 2014 state operating grants through the Community Mediation Center Grant Program. These centers deliver affordable mediation services through trained volunteers in courts and community-based settings state-wide.
Cape Mediation (Cape Cod Dispute Resolution, Inc.), Orleans, MA
-serving Barnstable & Nantucket Counties
Community Dispute Settlement Center, Inc., Cambridge, MA
-serving Middlesex, Norfolk & Suffolk Counties
Dispute Resolution Services, Inc., Springfield, MA
-serving Hampden County
Greater Brockton Center for Dispute Resolution (Probation Services, Inc.), Brockton, MA
-serving Plymouth County
Housing & Mediation Services Program of the Berkshire County Regional Housing Authority, Pittsfield, MA
-serving Berkshire County
Law Center of Middlesex Community College, Lowell, MA
-serving Middlesex, Essex & Suffolk Counties
Martha’s Vineyard Mediation Program, Inc., (Martha’s Vineyard Center for Dispute Resolution), Vineyard Haven, MA
-serving Dukes County
Mediation Program of Family Services of Central Massachusetts, Worcester, MA
-serving Worcester County
Mediation Services of North Central MA, Inc., Fitchburg, MA
-serving Worcester County
Metropolitan Mediation Services of the Brookline Community Mental Health Center, Inc., Brookline, MA
-serving Suffolk, Middlesex & Norfolk Counties
Metro West Mediation Services, Inc, Framingham, MA
-serving Middlesex County
North Shore Community Mediation, Inc., Beverly, MA
-serving Essex County
Quabbin Mediation, Inc., Orange, MA
-serving Franklin, Hamden, Hampshire & Worcester Counties
The Mediation & Training Collaborative of Community Action of the Franklin, Hampshire, and North Quabbin Regions, Inc., Greenfield, MA
-serving Franklin, Hampden & Hampshire Counties