The Field Station operates primarily due to its volunteers' talents and generous gifts of time.
Volunteers range from ten (with parent's permission) to 110 years old!
NSF volunteers help with:
- office work
- taking care of the aquariums
- cleaning and stocking the lab
- teaching docents/nature walk leaders
- research project assistance
- writing/creating videos/taking pictures for newsletters
- cleaning trails
- conducting water quality testing
- other field and lab work
While NSF would like to make use of all interested volunteers, these positions are competitive. But if you love Nantucket and want an up close experience with its remarkable assets, please apply.