The Performing Arts Department seeks short plays for New Voices, New Stories: A Celebration of Student Playwrights, an annual showcase of new works by UMass Boston playwrights. Submissions of ten minute plays are welcome from all UMass Boston students and recent graduates.
Selected playwrights will have the unique opportunity to develop their work in close collaboration with theatre arts faculty. Plays will be performed in an evening of staged readings in fall 2016 and submitted to the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival for national competition.
- Participation is open to current UMass Boston students and alumni who graduated fall 2014 or later who plan to live locally through fall 2016
- Each playwright may submit up to 2 plays of 10 pages in length
Format of submissions:
- Use standard play format
- Put the play’s title on the first page, but do not put your name or any other identifying information on the script itself
- Include a separate cover sheet with the play’s title, your name, and your contact information
Submissions must be received by April 25, 2016.
• Email scripts and separate cover sheet (as .doc or .pdf) to email@example.com
For more information, or if you have questions, please contact Ginger Lazarus at firstname.lastname@example.org)