Chancellor Motley Makes Boston Business Journal’s Power 50 List for Third Time
UMass Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley is one of the Boston Business Journal's Power 50. UMass President Robert Caret is also on the list.
This is the third year the publication has put out a list of power players in Boston and the ones leading change in Boston’s economy. Motley was also on the list in 2011 and 2012.
All the honorees will be featured in a supplement in November.
In addition to Motley and Caret, the other honorees are:
- Jonathan Bush, CEO, athenahealth Inc.
- Jeff Fagnan, Partner, Atlas Venture
- Kerry Healey, President, Babson College
- Anne M. Finucane, Global Strategy & Marketing Officer, Bank of America Corp.
- Dave Porter, Managing Partner, Baystate Financial
- Andrew Dreyfus, President & CEO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Jim Koch, Brewer and Founder, The Boston Beer Co.
- Wycliffe “Wyc” K. Grousbeck, Managing Partner, Governor and CEO, Boston Celtics
- Kate Walsh, CEO, Boston Medical Center
- Douglas T. Linde, President, Boston Properties
- John Henry, Principal Owner, Boston Red Sox (and soon, the Boston Globe)
- Tim Rowe, founder and CEO, Cambridge Innovation Center
- Josiah “Joe” Spaulding, CEO, Citi Performing Arts Center
- Diane Hessan, President and CEO, Communispace
- Gail Goodman, CEO, Constant Contact
- Michael W. Bonney, CEO, Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Bill Cummings, Founder, Cummings Properties/Cummings Foundation
- William K. Bacic, New England Managing Partner, Deloitte & Touche
- Barbara Goose, President, DigitasLBi, Boston, Detroit offices
- Joseph Tucci, President & CEO, EMC Corp
- Timothy G. Healy, Chairman, CEO co-founder, EnerNoc
- Abigail Johnson, President, Fidelity Investments
- Regina M. Pisa, Chairman, Goodwin Procter
- Paul H. Guzzi, President & CEO, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Eric H. Schultz, President & CEO, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Drew Gilpin Faust, President, Harvard University
- Karen Kaplan, President & CEO, Hill Holliday
- Adelene Q. Perkins, President and CEO, Infinity Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- David H. Long, CEO, Liberty Mutual
- John E. Rosenthal, President, Meredith Management Corp.
- R. Robert Popeo, Chairman, Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo
- Malcolm Rogers, Director, Museum of Fine Arts
- John T. Hailer, President and CEO, Asia and the Americas, Natixis Global Asset Management
- James (Jim) S. Davis, Chairman, New Balance
- Stephen R. Karp, Chairman and CEO, New England Development
- Thomas J. May, President & CEO, Northeast Utilities
- Therese Murray, President, Massachusetts Senate
- William H. Swanson, Chairman and CEO, Raytheon Co.
- Ronald L. Sargent, Chairman and CEO, Staples Inc.
- Jay Hooley, CEO, State Street
- John F. Fish, Chairman and CEO, Suffolk Construction
- Robert K. Kraft , Chairman and CEO, The Kraft Group
- James T. Brett, President & CEO , The New England Council
- Carol Meyrowitz, CEO, TJX Companies
- Carmen M. Ortiz, U.S. Attorney, District of Massachusetts
- Dr. Jeffrey M. Leiden, President & CEO, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Jon Abbott, President & CEO, WGBH
- William Lee, partner, WilmerHale
About UMass Boston
Recognized for its innovative research addressing complex issues, the University of Massachusetts Boston, metropolitan Boston’s only public university, offers its diverse student population both an intimate learning environment and the rich experience of a great American city. UMass Boston’s ten colleges and graduate schools serve 16,000 students while engaging local, national, and international constituents through academic programs, research centers, and public service activities. To learn more about UMass Boston, visit www.umb.edu.