The university has been bustling with construction activity during winter session as campus renewal work continues on five projects:
- The steel skeleton of our new academic building is taking shape.
- Drainage line installation continues day and night, creating a single left lane stretch on University Drive East along the General Academic Building No. 1 building site, between the Campus Center and the Massachusetts State Archives building.
- Work continues on six of seven mechanical vaults that will serve as the campus’s future underground utility hubs.
- The Integrated Sciences Complex construction work continues with installation of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, as well as interior walls and ceiling, and lab outfitting for this new research facility, scheduled to open in the fall.
- The new permanent roof and waterproofing is in place at the Healey Library. Crews will return in the spring to complete masonry work.
Particularly during the first weeks of the semester, please allow extra time when traveling to campus. We encourage everyone to use public transportation and the free UMass Boston shuttle whenever possible. To make the use of public transportation easier and more convenient, you can track the location of shuttle buses on the web at www.transloc.com or by downloading the free app from the iTunes App Store or the Google Play store.
If you drive to campus, please consider using the UMass Boston Bayside lot on Mt. Vernon Street. The dedicated Route 3 shuttle bus is scheduled to run every 5-7 minutes from Bayside to the Campus Center. You can also continue on Mt. Vernon Street for direct access to parking Lot D. Using a parking pass will save time and money.
For more information about construction on the UMass Boston campus, visit our construction updates page. View live construction on the academic building webcams. Please call 617.287.4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.