A Fond Farewell: UMass Boston Chamber Orchestra Conductor’s Jon Ceander Mitchell’s Last Concert
Jon Ceander Mitchell, leading the UMass Boston Chamber Orchestra for the last time, will be joined by special guests Elaine Baker D’Angelo, The Pinewoods Morris Men, and the UMass Boston Chamber Singers, conducted by David Giessow.
The program includes:
- Mozart: Overture to the Marriage of Figaro
- Mozart: Ave Verum Corpus
- Borne: Fantasy on Bizet’s “Carmen”
- J. S. Bach, arr. Holst: Bach’s Fugue a la Gigue
- Holst: Morris Dance Tunes
- Haydn: Symphony No. 45 in F sharp minor, “Farewell”
A pre-concert lecture begins at 7:10 p.m.
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.