Climate Change Resiliency: Forum for Policyholders
UMass Boston's School for the Environment is co-sponsoring this event at the State House.
Welcome and Introductions (10–10:15)
- Robyn Hannigan, UMass Boston, Founding Dean, School for the Environment
- Senate President Stanley C. Rosenberg
- Senator Marc R. Pacheco, Senate President Pro Tempore and Chair, Senate Committee on Global Warming and Climate Change
Science of Climate Change (10:15–10:35)
- Raymond S. Bradley, UMass Amherst, University Distinguished Professor in the Department of Geosciences and Director of the Climate System Research Center
- Richard N. Palmer, UMass Amherst, Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Juliette Rooney-Varga, UMass Lowell, Associate Professor of Environmental Biology, and Director UML Climate Change Initiative
- Steve Lohrenz, UMass Dartmouth, Dean and Professor School for Marine Science and Technology
- Ellen Douglas, UMass Boston, Associate Professor of Hydrology, School for the Environment
- Jack Clarke, Director of Public Policy, Mass Audubon (Adaptation Coalition)
- Rebecca Davis, Deputy Director, Metropolitan Area Planning Council
- Austin Blackmon, Chief of Environment, Energy and Open Space, City of Boston
- Bud Ris, Member, Boston Green Ribbon Commission
- Cathy Drinan, Health Agent, Halifax Board of Health
- Veronica Eady, Vice President and Director, Conservation Law Foundation
- Michael Balmer, Environmental Practice Leader, Willis Insurance
- David Begelfer, CEO, NAIOP: Commercial Real Estate Development Assoc.
- Steve Long, Director of Government Relations, The Nature Conservancy
- Matthew Beaton, Secretary, Exec. Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
Wrap Up (11:40–noon)
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.