Commonwealth Compact Higher Education Diversity Best Practices Conference
SAVE THE DATE
Under the auspices of the Commonwealth Compact of the John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies, the Commonwealth Compact Higher Education Collaborative (CCHEC) cordially invites you to its inaugural Diversity Best Practices Conference.
Presidential Panel featuring:
- Charles F. Desmond, Chairman Massachusetts Board of Higher Education, Presidential Panel Moderator
- Jackie Jenkins-Scott, President, Wheelock College
- Gloria Larson, President, Bentley University
- Joseph Moore, President, Lesley University
- J. Keith Motley, Chancellor, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Diversity Best Practice Seminars
- Deans' Panel on Recruitment of Faculty of Color
Who should attend?
• Vice Presidents
• Chief Diversity Officers
• Admissions professionals
• Financial Aid and Student Affairs professionals
• Human Resource professionals
• Affirmative Action officers
• Multicultural Program Directors
• Faculty from across all disciplines, particularly Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
• Others interested in discussing and sharing insights, tools, and strategies
Call for Proposals:
We are counting on you to help enrich the program by sharing your institution’s best practices.
The proposal submission deadline is March 15, 2013.
The diversity best practice content categories are:
• Recruitment of faculty, students, and staff
• Inclusive excellence
• Collaborative communities
• Diversity strategic planning;
• Title IX
• And we are open to suggestions related to diversity best practices
Registration: Please register by April 5, 2013
The registration fee covers the cost for breakfast, lunch, networking hour refreshments, and printed materials.
Please complete the attached registration form. Checks should be made payable to Lesley University.
Ms. Wendy Harris
29 Everett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Please share with your colleagues and invite them to join you and us for this important event.
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.