Fall 2012 Conflict Resolution Colloquium I
Event Date: September 19, 2012 - 6:30 p.m.
Event Type: Student Event | Location: Chancellor's Conference Room, Quinn, 3rd floor, Room 59
Environmental Conflict Resolution: a discussion with Elissa Tonkin
Ellie Tonkin, Director of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's New England Regional ADR Program
Ms. Tonkin will offer observations and encourage questions and comments on a range of environmental mediation issues including:
• upstream migration of neutral intervention
• place of subject matter expertise in mediating/facilitating environmental issues
• evolution of the in-house neutral
• relationship between in-house and out-of-house neutrals
• facilitated neutral selection processes
• evolving role of technology
Tonkin has managed EPA’s regional ADR program since 1994. She is charged with promoting the Agency’s effective use of alternative dispute resolution to settle cases. She is significantly involved in the development of EPA policy and practice nationally regarding the use of ADR, particularly in the areas of superfund, public consensus-building and regulatory enforcement cases. (download flyer)
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.