First-Year Student Orientation
The Office for New Student Programs hosts a two-day orientation for students entering college for the first time.
By attending Beacon Beginnings: New Student Orientation you will:
- Meet other new students, current student leaders and administrators, faculty, and staff
- Meet representatives from your academic college as they present an overview of their programs and discuss the unique opportunities available to you
- Attend a group advising session and get a summary of your degree requirements and other important academic information
- Learn about campus services, activities, opportunities, and resources
- Enroll in courses for the upcoming academic semester
- Learn the university’s expectations for students both in and out of the classroom
- Have an opportunity to answer all of your questions from offices such as financial aid, dean of students, off-campus housing, student life, and more
- Feel better prepared to start at UMass Boston
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.