Fresh Check Day
Brought to you by University Health Services. Fresh Check Day is the signature program of The Jordan Porco Foundation (JPF). JPF works closely with colleges to plan and fund Fresh Check Day in an effort to bring awareness of mental health resources and coping strategies to college campuses. It is a celebratory fair-like event that includes:
- Interactive expo booths
- Free food
- Exciting prizes and giveaways
The program’s primary goals are to:
- Increase awareness of mental health resources and services available to students
- Reduce stigma and misconceptions around mental health and suicide that often deter individuals from seeking help
- Empower peers to be gatekeepers by understanding warning signs and knowing what to do if a friend is exhibiting signs of suicide or a mental health concern
- Increase willingness to ask for help if experiencing emotional distress
To learn more, or to volunteer to assist with our 1st annual UMass Boston Fresh Check Day, register here.
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.