Join the GoKids Boston Motley Crew Marathon Team 2012
GoKids Boston is recruiting runners to participate in the 2012 Boston Marathon as part of the GoKids Boston's "Motley Crew."
GoKids Boston is part of the John Hancock Non Profit Partners Marathon Program which provides an opportunity for local charities to fundraise using the Boston Marathon as an event.
The spots are limited and all interested runners must apply to the team. You can download a team application here!
Team Requirements for Charity Runners
- $35 registration fee to apply
- $5,000 minimum fundraising commitment
- $300 race entry fee
Team Requirements for Boston Marathon Qualified and Officially Registered Runners (please indicate you are a registered runner on the application and provide your registration number.)
- $35 team registration fee
- $750 basic fundraising commitment
All charity runners and registered runners for GoKids receive:
- A TEAM Environment and a chance to experience the fun of the extraordinary and amazing GoKids Boston Motley Crew!
- A waiver into the Boston Marathon alleviating the qualifying standard (applies to the $5,000 fundraiser)
- A personal fundraising web page and online tools that make fundraising easy through www.crowdrise.com
- A training program and coaching by an experienced team of coaches each specializing in various areas of running.
- Fundraising support and education
- Networking with other charities
- An opportunity to train with others all ability levels
- Great communication - correspondence and friendship
- Weekly workouts including organized long runs on the course and weekly hill workouts
- Monthly meetings on marathon running and fundraising with guest speakers
- GoKids race singlet and jacket
- Pasta party before the race
- Private bus to the start with the team and an exclusive waiting area for the charity runners
- Discounts at various running stores and vendors
- Lots of fun social events and networking
- A supportive atmosphere to make your journey of running the Boston Marathon 100% successful!
The opportunity to participate in the 116th Boston Marathon and tell everyone you know that you made a difference through your running!
And much more!
BE PART OF THE GO KIDS TEAM
FULFILL YOUR GOAL OF RUNNING THE BOSTON MARATHON!
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.