Mathematica 11 in Education and Research
This technical talk will show live calculations in Mathematica 11 and other Wolfram technologies relevant to courses and research. Specific topics include:
• Enter calculations in everyday English, or using the flexible Wolfram Language.
• Visualize data, functions, surfaces, and more in 2D or 3D.
• Store and share documents locally or in the Wolfram Cloud.
• Use the Predictive Interface to get suggestions for the next useful calculation or function options.
• Access trillions of bits of on-demand data.
• Use semantic import to enrich your data using Wolfram curated data.
• Easily turn static examples into mouse-driven, dynamic applications.
• Access 10,000 free course-ready applications.
• Utilize the Wolfram Language's wide scope of built-in functions, or create your own.
• Get deep support for specialized areas including machine learning, time series, image processing, parallelization, and control systems, with no add-ons required.
Current users will benefit from seeing the many improvements and new features of Mathematica 11 (https://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/new-in-11/), but prior knowledge of Mathematica is not required.
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.