TEDx: Lighting the Way for the Future
About This Event
A collaboration of thought leadership from city, business, community, and faculty/student leaders covering a multidisciplinary range of subjects to foster learning, inspiration, and wonder—and to provoke conversations that matter.
Seating is first-come, first-served. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. The doors will be closed at 9 a.m. when the program starts and reopened at approximately 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.—during the breaks.
Watch the TedX live webstream
- Matthew Malone, Secretary of Education
- Alumnus, Jacob Kigo Kariuki, RN/MSN, Predoctoral fellow, American Heart Association
- Professor Darren Kew, Center for Peace, Democracy, and Development, McCormack Graduate School, UMass Boston
- Professor Mary Still, Department of Management and Marketing, College of Management, UMass Boston
- Alethea Harney, Senior Director of Communications, Consumer United
- Edward J. Benz, Jr., MD, President and CEO, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Pianist Tony DeBlois, Featured Entertainment
- Chef Barbara Lynch, CEO, Barbara Lynch Gruppo
- Meghan Duggan, Olympic champion hockey player
Host: Professor Maureen Scully, Interim Dean, College of Management
UMass BostonTEDx Team:
- Jesse Wright, Organizer
- Ashley Cole Brewer, Event Coordinator
- Laurie Scannell, Design Coordinator
- Maureen Scully, Onstage Host
- Anna Barr, Event Photographer
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.