The Sustainability of MOOCs in Higher Education
Event Date: December 11, 2012 - 5 p.m.
Event Type: Open to public | Location: UMass Boston, Campus Center, Ballroom B & C
The event is co-sponsored by the Center for Innovation and Excellence in eLearning (CIEE), University College at the University of Massachusetts Boston, and United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA).
When & Where
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd, Boston, MA 02125
Campus Center, Ballroom B & C
To view an archive of the event, please visit
Followed by a panel discussion featuring five experts on the challenges involved in sustaining the MOOC movement.
President of edX, the innovative, worldwide, online learning initiative of MIT, Harvard, the University of California–Berkeley, and the University of Texas System. He is a professor at MIT in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department.
An academician, researcher, musician, entrepreneur, and leading expert in the application of computers in education. He serves as the director of research at the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) and is a pioneer in the use of adaptive learning in education.
- Karen Cator, Director, Office of Educational Technology, U.S. Department of Education
- Andy DiPaolo, Executive Director Emeritus, Stanford Center for Professional Development and former Senior Associate Dean at Stanford University’s School of Engineering
- John Flores, Executive Director, United States Distance Learning Association
- Apostolos Koutropoulos, Online Program Coordinator for Applied Linguistics Program, UMass Boston
- Dennis Maxey, Associate Dean, University College, UMass Boston
For more information
Please contact Alan Girelli, Director of CIEE, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To request disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, visit www.ada.umb.edu.
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.