Women Leaders in Native New England: Providing Strength for the People
Event Start Date: March 23, 2013 - 3 p.m.
Event End Date: March 23, 2013 - 6 p.m.
Location: Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center Auditorium, 110 Pequot Trail, Mashantucket, CT
The Institute for New England Native American Studies invites you to celebrate Women’s History Month by joining an informal discussion with seven Native New England women leaders:
- Pam Ellis, Esq. (Nipmuc)
- Tribal Council Secretary Marjorie Colebut-Jackson (Mashantucket Pequot)
- Chief Lynn Malerba (Mohegan)
- Assistant Tribal Secretary Phyllis Cotto-Santiago (Narragansett)
- Dr. Patricia Sebastian (Eastern Pequot)
- Former Tribal Councilor and State Trooper Ruth Torres (Schaghticoke)
- Tribal Councilor Crystal Whipple (Mashantucket Pequot)
These women have all played a pivotal leadership role in their communities and within Native New England. They will share their stories, wisdom, and thoughts within an open forum. Snacks will be available following the discussion. Call 800. 411.9671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 16 to register. Educators can earn .3 CEUs.
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.
Event Cost: $45 general public/$35 museum members