- Discover Nursing
- Scholarship Help
- TYLENOL® Future Care Scholarship
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- College Board
- Minority Nurse
- Nursing Society
- Scholarship Hunter
If you are looking for guidance with your scholarship essays please take a look at these links:
- Essay Information - Personal experience brainstorming and general essay writing techniques
- Statement of Purpose - Hints for essay writing success in three parts: brainstorming, selecting a topic, and writing the essay
When requesting a recommendation you should follow a particular protocol:
- Make an appointment to go over the details involved with your recommendation request
- If possible, request a generic reference that can be used for multiple scholarships and job opportunities
- Give the faculty member/reference writer sufficient time to complete reference – three weeks is the norm – and give them a deadline.
- Provide the writer with a postage paid envelope.
- Give the person guidelines for writing the reference.
- Provide them with something from the scholarship, if applicable.
- Provide them with information about you – your strengths, activities, resume or research proposal.
- Let them know about community work/related jobs you have done/held outside of the classroom.
Beware of Scholarship Scams
“If it seems too good to be true it probably is.” Scholarship search services cannot guarantee you a scholarship.
Got a Scholarship??
Please let us know if you receive a scholarship! We would love to learn about your successes and encourage other students to follow your lead.