Support & Enhance Academics
The purpose of the Center for Clinical Education and Research (CCER) is to support and enhance the academic and clinical education of the students in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. The overarching goal is to contribute to the development of knowledgeable, competent, compassionate registered nurses and health science professionals who are interested in life-long learning and who will enrich their profession and thereby positively impact the health and well-being of their clients.
- Integrate simulation, experiential learning strategies, and technology throughout the lab curriculum
- Promote student retention and success through individualized academic and clinical support services
- Provide knowledge and skill expanding workshops, and service learning opportunities for students.
- Enhance and promote client safety, quality health care and interdisciplinary communication by advocating for simulation use in the clinical education of health care professionals
- Participate in simulation research activities
- Provide continuing education and competency testing for students and health care professionals
- Provide a training ground for graduate students and nurse educators in all phases of the simulation process
- Offer community health promotion and education activities to diverse populations
- Participate in bridge programs that promote exposure to health care careers for diverse middle and high school students