Workplace Accommodations for Staff/Faculty
Accommodation Procedures for Faculty, Staff, Student worker, and Visitors with Disabilities
- Employment Accommodations for Faculty and Staff: Individuals seeking employment-related accommodations should make their request to the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and are encouraged to submit a Reasonable Accommodation Request Form.
- Faculty and Staff transitioning from a medical leave of absence: Individuals seeking employment-related accommodations upon returning to work from a medical leave will shift from the Office of Human Resources to the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- You will be encouraged to submit a Reasonable Accommodation Request Form.
- In addition, it is important the need for medical documentation to assess on case by case basis to determine workplace accommodations. The documentation provided to Human Resources maybe sufficient for the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. You will need to sign a release in Human Resources for the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to review the documentation submitted for FMLA.
- Student Accommodations in the academic classroom: Student requests for reasonable accommodations in the classroom need to seek out the Ross Center/Disability Services.
- Event Accommodations for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Visitors: If an individual with a disability is planning to attend an event sponsored by the UMass Boston and need an accommodation to participate in the event go here www.ada.umb.edu.
Got a Question? Contact Us by email Diversity@umb.edu and/or call 617.287.4818