The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion has the responsibility to provide guidance in the hiring process of the University of Massachusetts Boston and to assist in recruiting a diverse faculty and staff population. Additionally, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion monitors faculty and staff recruitment activities to ensure compliance with university policies and procedures.
Staff and faculty members who serve on search committees are responsible for the recruitment, interviewing and the recommendation of qualified candidates for open positions. The search committee process has been structured to assist you in your efforts to attract the best talent to the university.
1. Department Hiring Policy for Benefited Employees:
2. Forms for Conducting a Faculty or Staff Search
- Position Recruitment and Search Form for Benefited Employees
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (Required for external advertisements)
- ODEI Selection Data Form (must be submitted with a ODEI Hiring Report)
- ODEI Hiring Report (must be submitted with a ODEI Selection Data Form)
- Failed Search Form
3. Additional Information and Guidance
- Sample Behavioral Interview Questions
- Avoiding Discriminatory and Potentially Discriminatory Job Interview Questions
- Flow Log of Applicants Pool
- Reference Check Guidelines
- Self- ID Form
For additional information on forms and recruitment, contact Human Resources at 617.287.5150.