Workplace Accommodations for Staff/Faculty
Accommodation Procedures for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Visitors with Disabilities
- Employment Accommodations for Faculty and Staff: Individuals seeking employment-related accommodations should make their request to the Office of ADA Compliance Officer and are encouraged to submit a Reasonable Accommodation Request Form. Please review the Reasonable Accommodation in Employment Policy Statement.
- In addition, it is important the need for medical documentation to assess on a case by case basis to determine workplace accommodations. Please see the Guidelines for Medical Documentation for more information.
- Faculty and Staff transitioning from a medical leave of absence: Individuals seeking employment-related accommodations upon returning to work from a medical leave will shift from the Office of Human Resources to the ADA Compliance Officer. You will be encouraged to submit a Reasonable Accommodation Request Form.
- In addition, it is important the need for medical documentation to assess on case by case basis to determine workplace accommodations. The documentation provided to Human Resources maybe sufficient for the ADA Compliance Officer. You will need to sign a release in Human Resources for the ADA Compliance Officer to review the documentation.
- Student Accommodations in the academic classroom: Student requests for reasonable accommodations in the classroom need to seek out the Ross Center/Disability Services. Please click here.
- Event Accommodations for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Visitors:If a person with a disability is planning to attend an event sponsored by the UMass Boston, you need a disability-related accommodation to participate in the event, www.ada.umb.edu.
For questions please contact Lori Corcoran, Director of Diversity and ADA Compliance at 617.287.6587 or by email at Lori.Corcoran@umb.edu.