Attending and Planning Events
Requesting Event Accommodations
If you are planning to attend an event sponsored by UMass Boston and you need an accommodation to take part in that event, please visit www.ada.umb.edu.
There are various handicap parking spaces in every parking lot. Please click on the following link to find out where. https://www.umb.edu/the_university/getting_here/parking/handicap
For questions about procedures, or more information about types of accommodations provided, please contact Lori Corcoran by phone at 617.287.6587 or by email at email@example.com
Planning Your UMass Boston Event or Workshop
All events held at the university must be conducted in a manner that allows for full participation for persons with disabilities.
- This includes meetings/events/workshops offered by students, faculty, and staff of the university, as well as by those using university spaces.
- Event planners must ensure that they have directed participants about the process to request accommodations for persons with hearing loss, visual loss, mobility impairments, or special dietary requirements.
- All promotional material must have the following statement:
- For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.
- All events must be listed in the dropdown list of events at www.ada.umb.edu.
- Please reveiw this PDF for step to list public and private events.
For specific event procedures and detailed information about your ADA obligations for your event
Review this list of Holidays and Observances when planning your event.
If you are planning an event and want to reserve space on the UMass Boston campus, please visit 25 LIVE.
Got a Question? Contact Us.
Dr. Lori Corcoran
Director of Diversity ADA Compliance Officer
Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
100 Morrissey Boulevard, Quinn 3/022A
Boston, MA 02125-3393
Tel: (617) 287-6587
Fax: (617) 265-4833