Attending and Planning Events
Requesting Event Accommodations
If you are planning to attend an event sponsored by UMass Boston and you need a disability-related accommodation to take part in that event, please visit www.ada.umb.edu.
For questions about procedures, or more information about types of accommodations provided, please contact Lori Corcoran by phone at (617) 287-6587 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Your UMass Boston Event or Workshop
All events held at the university must be conducted in a manner that allows for full participation for persons with disabilities
- This includes meetings/events/workshops offered by students, faculty, and staff of the university, as well as by those using university spaces.
- Event planners must ensure that they have directed participants about the process to request accommodations for persons with hearing impairments, visual impairments, mobility impairments, or special dietary requirements.
- All promotional material must have the following statement:
- For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu two weeks prior to the event.
- All event must be listed in the dropdown list of events at www.ada.umb.edu
- Steps to list public and/or private event Click Here
For specific event procedures and detailed information about your ADA obligations for your event, please click here.
If you are planning an event and want to reserve space on the UMass Boston campus, please click here.