Maintaining the Department Website
It is important that as a campus community we maintain www.umb.edu and all its sub-sites according to best practices and at the highest quality possible. This includes making sure your department's site is continuously updated.
Your Department's Web Editor(s)
- Each department should have a web content editor (WCE). The WCE should consult with the Office of Communications and the UMass Boston Web Editor on website design and producing effective content.
- Editors should get training and support regarding the content management software that is used to update your website from the Web Editor. Editors may also utilize various support documents and training screencasts by visiting the UMass Boston Wiki.
Keeping your Department's Site Up to Date
- Each department website includes "News” and “Events" sections that need to be updated on a frequent basis. All your departmental events that are open to faculty, staff and students should be listed with a description and logistical details so the university community is aware of them.
- Faculty information should be updated each semester.
- If some of your faculty have not yet had their picture taken for posting on the department web pages, you should encourage them to do so. The Office of Communications schedules several open sessions each semester.