Tag: Adenrele Awotona
- UMass Boston Professor Contributes to Deliberations on Post-War Reconstruction in Iraqi-Kurdistan
Adenrele Awotona delivered the plenary speech on "Rebuilding Sinjar As If People Mattered."
- UMass Boston Professor Publishes Book on Global Disaster Resilience
The book focuses on a bottom-up approach to disaster risk reduction and the building of community resilience
- UMass Boston Professor Contributes to Landmark Publication on Architecture
Adenrele Awotona pens a chapter on design for disaster preparation and mitigation.
- UMass Boston to Host July Conference on Rebuilding Afghanistan
CRSCAD to host international conference “Rebuilding Sustainable Communities in Afghanistan: The Way Forward" on July 27.
- Courses in Global Post-Disaster Studies Serve Wide Range of Students
Students in the new master’s degree program in urban planning and community development can enroll in three of CRSCAD’s courses.
- Cambridge Scholars Publishing Showcases CRSCAD Series as Feature Books
Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters book series selected for inaugural feature in publisher's advertising campaign.
- UMass Boston Professor Co-Chairs International Conference in Switzerland on Disaster Risk Management
Held in Davos, Switzerland, the fifth annual conference focused on the theme of "Integrative Risk Management: The Role of Science, Technology, and Practice."
- UMass Boston Professor Delivers Address on Poverty Reduction at Somerville MLK Day Celebration
CRSCAD Director Adenrele Awotona explores the close relationship between poverty and disasters.
- McCormack Grad School Director Briefs Russian Delegation on Emergency Management
At Boston FEMA event, Professor Awotona shares expertise on post-disaster reconstruction with Russian ministers.
- Awotona Speaks at the National Conference on Science, Policy and the Environment
CRSCAD Director Adenrele Awotona lectures on disaster planning for urban slums at recent DC conference.
- Awotona’s Book on Post-Disaster Reconstruction Chosen as Critics’ Choice Book of the Month
CRSCAD director's edited collection receives accolades