- Elder Care: Enhancing quality of life for our aging population
Join us for an insightful online discussion with two Emerging Leaders Program alums with expertise on elder care and enhancing the quality of life for your aging loved ones.
- Presentation of Professor Du Peng of Renmin University
You are invited to attend the presentation of Professor Du Peng of Renmin University: "Population Aging and Policy Development in China."
- Gerontology Student Earns Competitive NIH Dissertation Grant
McCormack Graduate School PhD student Mai See Yang earns a R36 Aging Research Dissertation Award to Increase Diversity.
- Department of Gerontology Welcomes New Faculty Member
Jennifer Gaudet Hefele, an expert in nursing home compare, will start in September at the McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies.
- TIME Top Influencer Ai-jen Poo: “We Need to Have a Plan” for Long-Term Care
Ai-jen Poo Is a Leading Thinker on How to Address Coming “Elder Boom”
- Older Driver Safety Summit: Planning a Safe and Mobile Future for Massachusetts
This event is designed to create a five-year plan to reduce crashes and improve older driver safe mobility across the Commonwealth.
- Len Fishman Joins UMass Boston as Director of Gerontology Institute
Longtime Leader in Aging Policy to Replace Retiring Ellen Bruce
- UMass Boston Minute: Gerontology at UMass Boston
The Gerontology Department examines the intersection of aging, health, economics, and social issues.
- Gerontology Institute Prepares First-of-its-Kind Aging Report for Tufts Health Plan Foundation
A UMass Boston report finds rates of depression, hypertension, and Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias among older adults are higher in Massachusetts compared to national averages.
- Colloquium: “Behavioral Health Services for Older Adults” with Wen-Chieh Lin, PhD
Please join us for this guest lecture sponsored by McCormack Grad School's Gerontology Department.
- Colloquium: “Autism and Aging” with Susan L. Parish, PhD
Please join us for this guest lecture sponsored by McCormack Grad School's Gerontology Department
- Management of Transportation Options for Seniors, New Online Certificate Program at UMass Boston
New offering by McCormack Grad School's Gerontology Institute and the College of Advancing and Professional Studies
- Senator Elizabeth Warren Highlights New England Pension Assistance Project
“If we expanded the program, how much money could we potentially recover for our seniors?” Senator Warren asked.
- Gerontology Honor Society Event at UMass Boston Steers Students Toward Booming Aging Industry
Students in the Gamma Upsilon chapter of Sigma Phi Omega national gerontology honor society hold Careers in Aging event.
- Same Sex Marriage: Implications for Policymaking and Older Adults
Ellen Bruce, JD will present facts, procedure, and arguments as well as lead a community discussion on these pending Supreme Court cases.
- UMass Boston Researchers Develop New Tool to Measure Elder Economics
"Poverty level" doesn't tell the whole story, so researchers have devised a new way to measure the income older Americans require to meet their needs.
- Multicultural Coalition on Aging: 2012 Professional Conference
The goal of this conference is to educate service providers serving diverse elders on the Affordable Care Act and its potential impact on service delivery.
- Victoria Reggie Kennedy Speaks on Influencing Public Policy: The Role of Midlife and Older Women
Guest lecture at the JFK Library sponsored by McCormack Graduate School's Gerontology Institute and the Eastern Massachusetts Chapter of OWL (Older Women's League).