- Alumna Aids Domestic Violence Survivors
Krystal Rohloff discusses her work in the attorney general's office
- Women’s and Gender Studies 2015 Newsletter
We have been busy this year, have a look!
- Administrator Gina McCarthy’s 2015 UMass Boston Commencement Address
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy's UMass Boston 2015 Commencement Address, As Prepared
- Careers in Aging
Join us for the annual Careers in Aging event featuring three UMass Boston alumni discussing their career paths.
- Reception: “Jell-O Soup”
The family of UMass Boston alumna Susan Macchi will be on hand for this reception. Macchi's work is on exhibit at the Harbor Gallery through March 31.
- Master of Public Administration: Celebrating Our Excellence Then and Now
Join Graduate Program Director Amy Smith and the faculty of the Master of Public Administration program to learn about our innovative work and to celebrate another year of academic excellence.
- Amy Rex Smith Receives Award from the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Nurses Association
Amy Rex-Smith, DNSc, RN, ACNS, BC of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, has recently been awarded the “Excellence in Nursing Education” Award from the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Nurses Association or ANA.
- Parent and Family Brunch 2015
Join university faculty and administrators to celebrate the parents and family members of UMass Boston students.
- Florida Alumni and Friends Gatherings
Join us in Naples, West Palm Beach, and Fort Myers to celebrate winter and show your UMass Boston pride!
- Career Expo 2015
Career Expo 2015 opens the networking connection between employers and candidates looking for opportunities.
- Poet, Novelist, and Art Journalist Eileen Myles ‘71 Reads from Her Work
Eileen Myles has been called “one of the most restless minds in contemporary lit.” She'll read from her work at this event sponsored by the Office of University Advancement and Alumni Relations.
- Career 2.0: Prepare for the next phase of your career
This event will inspire you and help you reinvent and upgrade your career goals and life aspirations.
- CPCS Alumni and Student Career Networking Event
Envision the possibilities! Join CPCS alumni and students to explore meaningful career pathways, network, and learn more about what your major can do for you.
- Workshop: 5 Steps to STAND OUT in Your Career
What is your personal brand? Would you like to learn tips on how to market your "brand" so you stand out among job applicants? Join your fellow alumni of the last decade for an engaging workshop.
- UMass Boston to Induct 12th Hall of Fame Class on October 9
As part of the university’s 50th anniversary celebration, UMass Boston’s Division of Athletics and Recreation, Special Programs and Projects will induct its twelfth Hall of Fame class on Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Public Policy Alumna Earns National Housing Research Paper Competition
McCormack Graduates School salutes Rachel Drew '14 for her award from the Housing Education and Research Association.
- State Street Connect
University Advancement invites UMass alumni working at State Street to attend this networking event.
- McCormack Grad School Welcomes New Assistant Dean for Academic Programs
Justin Maher brings a wealth of higher education experience to this new role at his alma mater.
- Julie Sieben ‘01 Presents at the New Balance Falmouth Road Race Expo
UMass Boston alumna and author will be a featured presenter at the New Balance Falmouth Road Race Health and Fitness Expo tonight at 6 p.m.
- Gerontology Alum Lands Job with Alzheimer’s Association
Knowledge gained from the Management of Aging Services program has enhanced his understanding of aging issues leaving him energized, motivated, and satisfied in his career.
- Alumna Leads Effort to Give Massachusetts Home Health Aides a Raise
McCormack Graduate School alumna Lisa Gurgone (WPPP '08) successfully advocates to raise the wages of home care workers.
- Women’s and Gender Studies 40th Anniversary Celebration
Join us for an afternoon of celebrating the past, present and future of one of the best and brightest hubs of feminist thinking and doing in New England!
- Reunion Weekend: Teachers College Boston Class of 1965
State Teachers College Class of 1965 alumni celebrate their 50th anniversary and their lives of service as public school educators and leaders and in other fields.
- 2015 Boston State College Education for Service Awards
University Advancement honors outstanding alumni, faculty and staff from Boston State College and its predecessor institutions for careers in public service.
- Cape Cod Alumni Gathering
Network with fellow alumni and learn about the University of Massachusetts Boston's recent accomplishments.
- Gerontology Graduate Appointed to UN Committee on Aging
Gerontology alum Kelly Fitzgerald appointed Vice Chair of UN NGO Committee on Ageing - Geneva
- UMass Boston Anniversary Night at the Boston Red Sox
Join UMass Boston and Boston State alumni at the game against the Minnesota Twins at 7:10 p.m.
- Public Affairs Alumni Event Features Career Panel and Honor Society Induction
McCormack Graduate School celebrates 30 years of MSPA graduates.
- Celebrating 30 Years of MSPA Graduates of the McCormack Graduate School
MSPA Career Panel and Pi Alpha Alpha Induction Ceremony
- Nigerian Energy Policy Advisor Speaks at McCormack Grad School Alumni Seminar
Ngozi Ifeoma “Ify” Malo ‘05 shares examples of how she uses lessons from her graduate school training in dispute resolution.
- EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy: UMass Boston ‘Best Education for Me’
Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy '76 says her anthropology degree prepared her for the top environmental post in the country.
- EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy ’76 to Speak at UMass Boston Event
UMass Boston alumna Gina McCarthy ‘76 will take part in a breakfast and conversation with fellow alumni and Chancellor J. Keith Motley on March 5.
- Get Advice from UMass Boston Alumni: Law School and Graduate School Information Forum
Thinking of going to law school or graduate school? Get advice from UMass Boston alumni at this free event, sponsored by the Political Science Department.
- CNHS Alumna Gives Endowment to Create Scholarship Fund
Leiko V. Lumiere is a 2012 graduate of the Accelerated Nursing Program in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. In October 2013, she gave the college an endowment to create the Leiko V. Lumiere Nursing Scholarship Fund.
- Beacons To Sport Custom Throwback Uniforms at Frozen Fenway Game Tuesday
UMass Boston Head Coach Peter Belisle worked with alumnus Dick Kelley ‘70 and Custom Crafted in North Attleboro to develop special uniforms for Citi Frozen Fenway.
- Boston State Alumnus Bill Bratton Named NYPD Commissioner
William Bratton, a 1975 alumnus of Boston State College, was named commissioner of the New York Police Department on Thursday.
- Student/Alumni Panel Praises Supportive Environment at McCormack Graduate School
At the recent Prospective Student Visit Day, students and alumni praised the faculty and cohort support in their graduate programs.
- McCormack Graduate School 2013 Annual Alumni Networking Celebration
Tis the season to celebrate with you
- UMass Boston Alumna Awarded Outstanding Youth Award
McCormack Grad School's Rithika Kulathila was honored by the Town of Shrewsbury.
- Real ‘Law & Order’ Gives Insight to UMass Boston Students Pursuing Law Enforcement, Legal Careers
The Massachusetts Appeals Court was in session last month in UMass Boston’s Campus Center Ballroom. The appeals court holds about a half dozen sessions outside of John Adams Courthouse in Boston each year, which the justices affectionately refer to as “road shows.”
- Multigenerational UMass Boston Partnership Results in a Million Dollar Grant for Span, Inc.
The highly competitive SAMHSA grant focuses on the Boston offender needs delivery program.
- Networking Event: 5th Annual UMass State Street Connect
Please join us for an evening of guest speakers and networking with alumni at the 5th anniversary of State Street Connect.
- An Emotional Reunion for Hoff Scholarship Winners and Philanthropist
A UMass Boston alumna and her daughter were reunited Wednesday with the donor whose scholarship fund helped make their education possible.
- UMass Boston Alum Gina McCarthy Confirmed as EPA Administrator
Senate approves President Obama's nomination after four months of delays
- Alumni Event: Patriots vs. Miami
Join the University of Massachusetts and UMass Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley for some Patriots action in Miami.
- UMass Boston Alumna Receives Award at National Nurses Day Celebration
College of Nursing and Health Sciences Dean Anahid Kulwicki presented Penny Greenberg '02 with the 2013 Nurses Week Leadership in Quality Innovation award.
- Audience at Public Affairs Career Panel and Honor Society Induction told, “MSPA Rocks!”
McCormack Grad School holds annual public affairs career event and first honor society induction.
- UMass Boston Alumna Appointed as First Director of Development at McCormack Grad School
Conflict resolution alumna, Vanessa DiCarlo, becomes new fundraising chief for her alma mater.
- Alumnae of Women in Politics Program Gather with Founders
UMass Boston and Boston College graduates reunite for reunion and networking event.
- UMass Boston’s Policy School Showcases Community Partnerships
At recent UMass Boston event, McCormack Grad School showcases their community engagement activities.
- Gerontology Alumnus Explains How to Bridge the Gap Between Researcher and Policymaker
James Bulot, PhD tells students to become a policy maven to understand and straddle both worlds
- Who Will Win March Madness? UMass Boston Alumnus Andrew Clark Can Probably Tell You
Clark '09 has picked five of the last eight Final Four champions, and his book offers tips on how to ace your NCAA bracket
- In Memorium: Alumnus Joseph Morrissey
The Graduate Programs in Conflict Resolution are saddened by the death of Joseph Morrissey, a young and accomplished alumnus.
- Public Affairs Career Panel and Pi Alpha Alpha Induction Ceremony
Hear how an MS in public affairs enhanced the careers of our alumni and join us for the Pi Alpha Alpha honor society induction.
- UMass Boston Alumna Gina McCarthy Nominated as EPA Chief
The Dorchester native, who graduated from UMass Boston in 1976, was a driving force behind many clear air regulations passed during President Obama's first term.
- MSPA Alumnus Appointed Suffolk County Sheriff
Steve Tompkins, a 2011 public affairs graduate, takes the helm of the state's largest sheriff's office.
- MGS Alumni Start Nonprofit to Train Youth Farmers in Ethiopia
Alumni from public affairs and international relations establish innovative educational program for disconnected youth.
- Career Expo 2013
Full-time and part-time jobs and internship opportunities!
- Alumna, History Professor Collaborate to Prepare Students for College
Students in alumna Elizabeth Pilla’s AP and Honors United States History classes might just have an advantage when they take their exams this spring, after receiving some preparation tips from a UMass Boston professor.
- From Paper to Stage: Students, Alumni Invited to Write Plays for First-Ever Festival
UMass Boston students and alumni have until October 31 to submit short plays for consideration for the first-ever Student Playwrights Festival.
- Live Broadcast of “NightSide with Dan Rea”
UMass Boston will host a live radio broadcast of WBZ's evening public affairs program, "NightSide with Dan Rea."
- Career Help Doesn’t End with Commencement; First Senior Career Day June 12
Senior Career Day will take place Tuesday, June 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the eleventh floor of Healey Library.
- “Celebration of Support” Event Extends Gratitude
This annual scholarship event connects University of Massachusetts Boston students with donors.
- UMass Boston Honors Alumnus and Community Leader Peter J. Berlandi
The University of Massachusetts Boston will honor community advocate Peter J. Berlandi on April 30 at its 8th Annual Scholarship Gala, an evening benefit that has raised more than $500,000 for a new scholarship for students from the metropolitan Boston area.
- Alumna Bei Wu Presents Guest Lecture on Aging and Oral Health
Gerontology PhD Alum lectures on “Aging, Race/Ethnicity, and Oral Health in the U.S.”
- Fulbright Award Recipient Liz Doles ’07 Captures Sri Lanka through Pinhole Photography
In Colombo, Sri Lanka, UMass Boston alumna Liz Doles is taking in life and landmarks through an unusual lens: her homemade pinhole camera.
- UMass Boston Alumnus’ Documentary to Air on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Network on March 1
UMass Boston alumnus and adjunct professor Chico Colvard’s documentary Family Affair will make its national TV premiere on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network on March 1 at 8 p.m.
- MS Public Affairs Career Night
Please join us for our first MS Public Affairs Career Night featuring a panel of MSPA program alums. Find out what they’re doing with their degrees, how they got there, and much more!
- Public Policy Alumna Earns Presidential Award at San Francisco State
Jennifer Shea, PhD selected for competitive professional development award
- MSPA Alumna Promoted to Deputy Director at the MBTA
Tammy Powell puts her public affairs degree to work in new role.
- Career Symposium
Alumni with degrees in the liberal arts will return to campus to share with students how they shaped their career paths and ended up in their current roles.
- Seven Inducted into UMass Boston/Boston State College Hall of Fame
Steven Burns, John “Gabby” Douglas, Alfreda Harris, Paul Murphy, Raymond O’Malley, Joshua Stolp, and Dan Rea were inducted into the Hall of Fame on October 13, 2011.
- UMass Boston/Boston State College to Induct Seven into Hall of Fame
UMass Boston will induct six UMass Boston and Boston State College alumni and a former women’s basketball coach into the Hall of Fame on October 13, 2011.
- Alumni Association’s $1 Million Gift Will Support Students, Cultivate Philanthropy
UMass Boston is receiving an unprecedented gift from its alumni: a commitment of $1 million to be used for scholarships, programs, and initiatives.
- UMass Boston Alumni Association to Give $1 Million to the University
The UMass Boston Alumni Association has committed to giving $1 million for student scholarships, campus programs, and matching future gifts.
- UMass Boston Alum Leading the Efforts to Rebuild Haiti
UMass Boston alumnus Patrick Gaston, now executive in residence to the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund, was drawn to reconnect with UMass Boston.
- More Than 500 Students, Alumni Look for Jobs at Career Expo 2011
UMass Boston offered students a chance to meet one-on-one with potential employers at Career Expo 2011.
- Find a Job: Career Expo 2011 Matches UMass Boston Students and Alumni with Employers
More than 50 employers from a variety of industries in New England will be looking for employees they can hire from UMass Boston at Career Expo 2011.
- Boston State College Graduates Gather for Fourth Annual Celebration
More than 140 Boston State College graduates gathered for the Fourth Annual Boston Stage College Celebration and Education for Service Awards reception.
- Chancellor Appoints University’s Board of Visitors
Chancellor Motley hand-picked local and national leaders from the for-profit, nonprofit, and private and public sectors to serve on the Board of Visitors.
- Chancellor Appoints UMass Boston Board of Visitors
A new University of Massachusetts Boston Board of Visitors comprised of about 50 alumni, leaders, and friends of the university has been established.
- Egidia Rugwizangoga, a CNHS alumna, won The 2010 Nursing Spectrum Award
Egidia Rugwizangoga, a CNHS alumna, won The 2010 Nursing Spectrum Award for Community Service.
- Family is the Focus of 1997 JFK Winner’s Documentary Film
Chico Colvard, 1997 JFK Award winner and adjunct instructor in law, race and media, is quickly gaining national attention with his award-winning documentary.