- UMass Boston Education Led U.S. House Candidate Juana Matías ’09 to Life of Public Service
Juana Matías ’09, the first Latina from Lawrence and first Latina immigrant to be elected as a state representative, is now running for the 3rd Congressional District seat being vacated by retiring U.S. Representative Niki Tsongas.
- Former EPA Chief and Alumna Gina McCarthy ’76 Returns to Campus to Talk Climate Change
UMass Boston alumna and former EPA administrator Gina McCarthy ’76 returned to campus Monday for a panel looking at climate change challenges and opportunities.
- Public Policy Research Seminar: Propagating Civic Education Practice in Illinois
Felicia Sullivan presents study findings on how student populations and community contexts create complex educational ecosystems.
- Global Governance and Human Security PhD Alumni Set Out to Build a More Secure and Sustainable World
Learn about the new careers and accomplishments of these alumni from UMass Boston's McCormack Graduate School.
- UMass Boston Graduate Coordinates “To Immigrants With Love” Mural Campaign for Mayor’s Office
Katherine Copeland '17 turned an internship secured during Professor C. Eduardo Siqueira’s capstone class into a paid position with the Mayor’s Office for Immigrant Advancement. The mural campaign that she suggested launches at a second location this weekend.
- Public Administration Alum Chosen for National Leadership Program to Build Health Equity
Robert Torres has been chosen for the next cohort of 40 Culture of Health Leaders, a leadership development initiative supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- UMass Club Young Alumni Event
Network with alumni from the five UMass campuses at this free event.
- Alumni Career Networking: Discover the Three Pillars of Personal Wealth
Join Alumni Association Board member David Wescott '83 to discover strategies to gain and maintain personal wealth.
- Young Alumni Gathering at the Banshee on Dot Ave.
Join the Young Alumni Council at your old stomping grounds.
- UMass Boston Alumni Selected for Fulbright Awards
Three UMass Boston alumni will be representing the university abroad this summer as Fulbright recipients.
- Student and Alumni Appreciation Reception
By invitation only Join us in celebrating our students and alumni. RSVP required.
- Two UMass Boston Students Earn $5K Krystle Campbell Scholarships
Chancellor J. Keith Motley presented two UMass Boston students with Krystle Campbell Scholarships at an event Saturday in Medford celebrating Campbell’s legacy and the Boston Marathon team that runs in her name.
- Krystle Campbell’s Legacy Motivates UMass Boston’s Marathon Runners
Robyn Dangora, Suzzanne Freeze, and Paul Dyson are part of the Run for Krystle. They are running in Monday’s Boston Marathon to raise funds for the Krystle Campbell Scholarship Fund. Campbell was killed in the 2013 bombing.
- Community Leadership and Political Identity: Reflections on a Path Towards Wholeness and Belonging
Maria Elena Letona is the executive director at Neighbor to Neighbor Massachusetts and the CWPPP distinguished public service leader. Hear what she has to say at this public lecture.
- UMass Boston Alumni and Student Professional Forum
Learn career insights from alumni who have used their education to pursue legal and other careers.
- Life in the Arts after UMass Boston
Two alumni from the Art Department, Yasmeen Abdallah and Charlie Crowell, will discuss their careers and work since leaving UMass Boston.
- First Recipient of UMass Boston Mayor’s Fellowship Working on Research, Data, Policy
Jason Ewas ’16, the first recipient of the Mayor’s Office – UMass Boston Policy Research Fellowship, has been working for the Walsh Administration for the last six months, researching worker cooperatives and creating a dashboard to better keep track of the city’s boards and commissions.
- Four El Mundo Boston Latino 30 Under 30 Recipients Connected to UMass Boston
One current UMass Boston student and three alumni are among this year’s El Mundo Boston Latino 30 under 30 recipients. El Mundo Boston honored senior Renata Teodoro, Andrea Ornelas ’15, Jahdiel Perez ’14, and Juana Matías ’09 at an event last month.
- Public Administration Alum Wins First Election on a Different Kind of Platform
Devyn Keith (left) will live in four different economically disenfranchised neighborhoods during his four-year term as city councilor.
- “Beaconville” Celebrates Class of 2016 Hall of Fame Inductees
Beacons Athletics inducted five of its most distinguished alumni – and the entire championship 2010 baseball team – into the UMass Boston Athletics Hall of Fame at a celebration Thursday night.
- UMass Boston to Induct 2016 Hall of Fame Class on Thursday
UMass Boston will induct the Class of 2016 on Thursday, October 13 at 6 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom during the 14th Annual UMass Boston Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Celebration.
- Green Chemistry Stars Return to UMass Boston Roots
UMass Boston and Yale University co-hosted a green chemistry workshop at UMass Boston.
- Burma Update: Exciting Times in Post-Election Myanmar with Aung Tun
Aung Tun is a national governance expert at the Asian Development Bank and alum of the UMass Boston International Relations Program.
- Fashionable Alumnae Join Forces to Raise Funds for UMass Boston
Two UMass Boston alumnae have teamed up to raise money for student scholarships in a very fashionable way.
- Bat Boy: The Musical
The Fall Production of the UMass Boston Theatre Arts Program
- Shawn MacMaster Earns Inaugural John W. McCormack Alumni Impact Award
The Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs congratulates MacMaster for his work preventing domestic violence, aiding seniors, and addressing other key public administration issues.
- UMass Boston Grad Student Named to El Planeta’s Power Under 30 List
El Planeta, the largest Spanish-language newspaper in New England, counts Tariana V. Little '12 '17 as one of the most influential young leaders for the Hispanic community in Massachusetts.
- Meet McCormack Alumna and Center for Social Policy Researcher Brandynn Holgate
Read how the PhD Program in Public Policy prepared this alumna for her current career.
- Appeals Court Returns to UMass Boston, Giving Students Insight into Judicial Process
UMass Boston criminal justice, sociology, and political science students had the opportunity to not only experience the judicial process without leaving campus, but to network with members of the court, their staff, and alumni, some of whom work for the court system.
- SophoMORE Connects Liberal Arts Students with Alumni, Career Help
The College of Liberal Arts SophoMORE program offers sophomore students workshops for resume writing, networking, and professional communication, and participation in a required job shadow, often with UMass Boston alumni.
- Mayor Walsh Appoints Carl Spector ‘97 Commissioner of the Environment Department
Mayor Martin J. Walsh recently announced that UMass Boston alum Carl Spector '97 has been appointed Commissioner of the Environment Department for the City of Boston.
- Alumni Career Panel - Colloquium
Part of the Conflict Resolution Colloquium Series, conflict resolution alumni will discuss their professional successes at this event.
- McCormack Alumna Publishes Capstone Research on Gang Prevention
Public Affairs alumna Stacy Randell publishes her master's research paper in the journal, Afterschool Matters.
- McCormack Graduate School Annual Student & Alumni Networking Reception
Join our students, alumni, faculty and staff for an evening full of spirited conversations, great food, and a spectacular view of the Boston skyline at night.
- McCormack Grad School Honors Barney Frank, His Mother, and Public Service
Recent "Be the Change" events showcases the McCormack Graduate School and celebrates public service.
- UMass Boston Inducts 13th Hall of Fame Class
UMass Boston’s Athletics Department inducted its 13th Hall of Fame class on Tuesday. Several of the new inductees shared memories of their playing days at UMass Boston and Boston State College.
- UMass Boston to Induct 2015 Hall of Fame Class Tuesday
The 13th Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Celebration starts at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 20 in the Campus Center ballroom.
- Parent and Family Brunch Fall 2015
Join Alumni Relations for a complimentary brunch and the opportunity to meet UMass Boston faculty and administrators.
- Department Student and Alumni Welcome Reception
For students and alumni of the Department of Conflict Resolution, Human Security and Global Governance
- UMass Boston Alumnae Inducted into New England Basketball Hall of Fame
Former men's basketball coach Charlie Titus and women's basketball alumnae Andreen Gilpin '04 and Eileen Fenton '91 were honored by the New England Basketball Hall of Fame on Saturday.
- Alumna Aids Domestic Violence Survivors
Krystal Rohloff discusses her work in the attorney general's office
- Women’s and Gender Studies 2015 Newsletter
We have been busy this year. Have a look!
- Administrator Gina McCarthy’s 2015 UMass Boston Commencement Address
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy's UMass Boston 2015 Commencement Address, As Prepared
- Careers in Aging
Join us for the annual Careers in Aging event featuring three UMass Boston alumni discussing their career paths.
- Reception: “Jell-O Soup”
The family of UMass Boston alumna Susan Macchi will be on hand for this reception. Macchi's work is on exhibit at the Harbor Gallery through March 31.
- Master of Public Administration: Celebrating Our Excellence Then and Now
Join Graduate Program Director Amy Smith and the faculty of the Master of Public Administration program to learn about our innovative work and to celebrate another year of academic excellence.
- Parent and Family Brunch 2015
Join university faculty and administrators to celebrate the parents and family members of UMass Boston students.
- Florida Alumni and Friends Gatherings
Join us in Naples, West Palm Beach, and Fort Myers to celebrate winter and show your UMass Boston pride!
- Career Expo 2015
Career Expo 2015 opens the networking connection between employers and candidates looking for opportunities.
- Poet, Novelist, and Art Journalist Eileen Myles ‘71 Reads from Her Work
Eileen Myles has been called “one of the most restless minds in contemporary lit.” She'll read from her work at this event sponsored by the Office of University Advancement and Alumni Relations.
- Career 2.0: Prepare for the next phase of your career
This event will inspire you and help you reinvent and upgrade your career goals and life aspirations.
- CPCS Alumni and Student Career Networking Event
Envision the possibilities! Join CPCS alumni and students to explore meaningful career pathways, network, and learn more about what your major can do for you.
- Workshop: 5 Steps to STAND OUT in Your Career
What is your personal brand? Would you like to learn tips on how to market your "brand" so you stand out among job applicants? Join your fellow alumni of the last decade for an engaging workshop.
- UMass Boston to Induct 12th Hall of Fame Class on October 9
As part of the university’s 50th anniversary celebration, UMass Boston’s Division of Athletics and Recreation, Special Programs and Projects will induct its twelfth Hall of Fame class on Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Public Policy Alumna Earns National Housing Research Paper Competition
McCormack Graduates School salutes Rachel Drew '14 for her award from the Housing Education and Research Association.
- State Street Connect
Please join us for an evening of guest speakers and networking with UMass alumni and Emerging Leaders Program alumni at the Annual State Street Connect event.
- McCormack Grad School Welcomes New Assistant Dean for Academic Programs
Justin Maher brings a wealth of higher education experience to this new role at his alma mater.
- Julie Sieben ‘01 Presents at the New Balance Falmouth Road Race Expo
UMass Boston alumna and author will be a featured presenter at the New Balance Falmouth Road Race Health and Fitness Expo tonight at 6 p.m.
- Gerontology Alum Lands Job with Alzheimer’s Association
Knowledge gained from the Management of Aging Services program has enhanced his understanding of aging issues leaving him energized, motivated, and satisfied in his career.
- Alumna Leads Effort to Give Massachusetts Home Health Aides a Raise
McCormack Graduate School alumna Lisa Gurgone (WPPP '08) successfully advocates to raise the wages of home care workers.
- Women’s and Gender Studies 40th Anniversary Celebration
Join us for an afternoon of celebrating the past, present and future of one of the best and brightest hubs of feminist thinking and doing in New England!
- Reunion: State College at Boston Class of 1968
State College at Boston Class of 1968 alumni celebrate their 50th anniversary and their lives of service as public school educators and leaders and in other fields.
- 2017 Boston State College Education for Service Awards
University Advancement honors outstanding alumni, faculty and staff from Boston State College and its predecessor institutions for careers in public service.
- Cape Cod Alumni Gathering
Network with fellow alumni and learn about the University of Massachusetts Boston's recent accomplishments.
- Gerontology Graduate Appointed to UN Committee on Aging
Gerontology alum Kelly Fitzgerald appointed Vice Chair of UN NGO Committee on Ageing - Geneva
- UMass Boston Anniversary Night at the Boston Red Sox
Join UMass Boston and Boston State alumni at the game against the Minnesota Twins at 7:10 p.m.
- Public Affairs Alumni Event Features Career Panel and Honor Society Induction
McCormack Graduate School celebrates 30 years of MSPA graduates.
- Celebrating 30 Years of MSPA Graduates of the McCormack Graduate School
MSPA Career Panel and Pi Alpha Alpha Induction Ceremony
- Nigerian Energy Policy Advisor Speaks at McCormack Grad School Alumni Seminar
Ngozi Ifeoma “Ify” Malo ‘05 shares examples of how she uses lessons from her graduate school training in dispute resolution.
- EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy: UMass Boston ‘Best Education for Me’
Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy '76 says her anthropology degree prepared her for the top environmental post in the country.
- EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy ’76 to Speak at UMass Boston Event
UMass Boston alumna Gina McCarthy ‘76 will take part in a breakfast and conversation with fellow alumni and Chancellor J. Keith Motley on March 5.
- Get Advice from UMass Boston Alumni: Law School and Graduate School Information Forum
Thinking of going to law school or graduate school? Get advice from UMass Boston alumni at this free event, sponsored by the Political Science Department.
- CNHS Alumna Gives Endowment to Create Scholarship Fund
Leiko V. Lumiere is a 2012 graduate of the Accelerated Nursing Program in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. In October 2013, she gave the college an endowment to create the Leiko V. Lumiere Nursing Scholarship Fund.
- Beacons To Sport Custom Throwback Uniforms at Frozen Fenway Game Tuesday
UMass Boston Head Coach Peter Belisle worked with alumnus Dick Kelley ‘70 and Custom Crafted in North Attleboro to develop special uniforms for Citi Frozen Fenway.
- Boston State Alumnus Bill Bratton Named NYPD Commissioner
William Bratton, a 1975 alumnus of Boston State College, was named commissioner of the New York Police Department on Thursday.
- Student/Alumni Panel Praises Supportive Environment at McCormack Graduate School
At the recent Prospective Student Visit Day, students and alumni praised the faculty and cohort support in their graduate programs.
- McCormack Graduate School 2013 Annual Alumni Networking Celebration
Tis the season to celebrate with you
- UMass Boston Alumna Awarded Outstanding Youth Award
McCormack Grad School's Rithika Kulathila was honored by the Town of Shrewsbury.
- Real ‘Law & Order’ Gives Insight to UMass Boston Students Pursuing Law Enforcement, Legal Careers
The Massachusetts Appeals Court was in session last month in UMass Boston’s Campus Center Ballroom. The appeals court holds about a half dozen sessions outside of John Adams Courthouse in Boston each year, which the justices affectionately refer to as “road shows.”
- Multigenerational UMass Boston Partnership Results in a Million Dollar Grant for Span, Inc.
The highly competitive SAMHSA grant focuses on the Boston offender needs delivery program.
- Networking Event: 5th Annual UMass State Street Connect
Please join us for an evening of guest speakers and networking with alumni at the 5th anniversary of State Street Connect.
- An Emotional Reunion for Hoff Scholarship Winners and Philanthropist
A UMass Boston alumna and her daughter were reunited Wednesday with the donor whose scholarship fund helped make their education possible.
- UMass Boston Alum Gina McCarthy Confirmed as EPA Administrator
Senate approves President Obama's nomination after four months of delays
- Alumni Event: Patriots vs. Miami
Join the University of Massachusetts and UMass Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley for some Patriots action in Miami.
- UMass Boston Alumna Receives Award at National Nurses Day Celebration
College of Nursing and Health Sciences Dean Anahid Kulwicki presented Penny Greenberg '02 with the 2013 Nurses Week Leadership in Quality Innovation award.
- Audience at Public Affairs Career Panel and Honor Society Induction told, “MSPA Rocks!”
McCormack Grad School holds annual public affairs career event and first honor society induction.
- UMass Boston Alumna Appointed as First Director of Development at McCormack Grad School
Conflict resolution alumna, Vanessa DiCarlo, becomes new fundraising chief for her alma mater.
- Alumnae of Women in Politics Program Gather with Founders
UMass Boston and Boston College graduates reunite for reunion and networking event.
- UMass Boston’s Policy School Showcases Community Partnerships
At recent UMass Boston event, McCormack Grad School showcases their community engagement activities.
- Gerontology Alumnus Explains How to Bridge the Gap Between Researcher and Policymaker
James Bulot, PhD tells students to become a policy maven to understand and straddle both worlds
- Who Will Win March Madness? UMass Boston Alumnus Andrew Clark Can Probably Tell You
Clark '09 has picked five of the last eight Final Four champions, and his book offers tips on how to ace your NCAA bracket
- In Memoriam: Alumnus Joseph Morrissey
The Graduate Programs in Conflict Resolution are saddened by the death of Joseph Morrissey, a young and accomplished alumnus.
- Public Affairs Career Panel and Pi Alpha Alpha Induction Ceremony
Hear how an MS in public affairs enhanced the careers of our alumni and join us for the Pi Alpha Alpha honor society induction.
- UMass Boston Alumna Gina McCarthy Nominated as EPA Chief
The Dorchester native, who graduated from UMass Boston in 1976, was a driving force behind many clear air regulations passed during President Obama's first term.
- MSPA Alumnus Appointed Suffolk County Sheriff
Steve Tompkins, a 2011 public affairs graduate, takes the helm of the state's largest sheriff's office.
- MGS Alumni Start Nonprofit to Train Youth Farmers in Ethiopia
Alumni from public affairs and international relations establish innovative educational program for disconnected youth.
- Career Expo 2013
Full-time and part-time jobs and internship opportunities!
- Alumna, History Professor Collaborate to Prepare Students for College
Students in alumna Elizabeth Pilla’s AP and Honors United States History classes might just have an advantage when they take their exams this spring, after receiving some preparation tips from a UMass Boston professor.
- From Paper to Stage: Students, Alumni Invited to Write Plays for First-Ever Festival
UMass Boston students and alumni have until October 31 to submit short plays for consideration for the first-ever Student Playwrights Festival.
- Live Broadcast of “NightSide with Dan Rea”
UMass Boston will host a live radio broadcast of WBZ's evening public affairs program, "NightSide with Dan Rea."