Tag: Arts On The Point
- New Art Installation Shows Sun Always Rising Somewhere
“Another Day,” the newest addition to Arts on the Point, looks like three airport monitors, but it actually displays sunrise countdowns for ninety cities around the world.
- “Gods” Sculptures to Be Moved Off Campus, Relocated to Spain
Public art sculptures will be removed on Monday
- Lichtenstein Sculpture Moved Off Campus
Roy Lichtenstein’s Brushstroke Group, the sculpture which has greeted visitors to UMass Boston’s Campus Center since 2007, was moved from campus on Wednesday to be refurbished.
- Huru Leaving UMass Boston for New Home in San Francisco
The recycled steel sculpture, on loan to the university since 1997, will be displayed in the shadow of the Golden Gate Bridge
- Sunflowers for Vincent Makes its Debut at UMass Boston
Last month UMass Boston added the eye-catching bright yellow Sunflowers for Vincent to Arts on the Point, the university’s public arts initiative.
- UMass Boston Adds di Suvero Sculpture to Its Public Arts Initiative
Sunflowers for Vincent was installed Thursday morning, December 15, between University Drive and the Harborwalk near the bend at the campus’s entrance from Morrissey Boulevard.
- Sunflowers for Vincent Reception
Come celebrate the newest addition to our Arts on the Point Sculpture Park.
- UMass Boston Professor Honored for his Work Curating Claude Monet Exhibit
Claude Monet: Late Work, a show curated by UMass Boston Professor of Art Paul Hayes Tucker, has been named Best Show in a Commercial Gallery in NY.
- A Walk Through UMass Boston’s “Arts on the Point”
Arts on the Point makes a statement about UMass Boston, declaring that this urban, public university is home to innovation and intellectual discipline.