- UMass Boston Women’s Track and Field Crowned NCAA Indoor National Champions
Sophomore Wadeline Jonathas won four individual titles to lead the UMass Boston women's track and field team to a fifth national title at the 2018 Indoor National Championship in Birmingham, Alabama on Saturday.
- Beacon Makes History: Larkin ‘18 Becomes First Hockey Player to Sign with NHL Team
Colin Larkin signed a one-year, entry-level contract with the Edmonton Oilers and an amateur tryout contract with the Oilers’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Bakersfield Condors, on Monday.
- Women’s Basketball Wins First-Ever Little East Conference Title
The third time was the charm for the UMass Boston women’s basketball team, who beat UMass Dartmouth for the first time this season to take home their first-ever Little East Conference Tournament crown on Saturday. The team has an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
- UMass Boston Hockey and Basketball Teams Advance in Conference Playoffs
All of UMass Boston’s hockey and basketball teams have advanced in the postseason.
- Celebrating A First: All Beacons Winter Sports Teams Hosting Playoff Games
For the first time in UMass Boston history, all four winter sports teams are hosting a conference tournament game. The playoff push begins on Saturday, February 17 with a New England Conference Tournament doubleheader in the Edward T. Barry Ice Rink.
- Sophomore Wadeline Jonathas Breaks 2 DIII Records, Team Ranked No. 6
UMass Boston has risen from No. 9 to No. 6 in this week’s NCAA Division III Women’s Indoor Track & Field National Team Computer Rankings, in large part to the record-setting performance of sophomore business major Wadeline Jonathas, who broke two NCAA Division III records a week apart.
- NSCA Personal Training Prep Clinic (Jan. 27-28)
Looking to become a personal trainer? This NSCA-CPT Exam Prep LIVE Clinic is a comprehensive review of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully pass the certification exam.
- Women’s Volleyball Earns 8th Conference Tournament Title; Will Play in NCAA Regional Friday
UMass Boston secured its eighth Little East Conference Tournament title on Saturday and earned a spot in the 2017 NCAA Division III Women's Volleyball Championship Tournament New England Regional.
- UMass Boston Honors Nearly 100 Student Athletes at Annual Ring Ceremony
UMass Boston Athletics honored nearly 100 student athletes at its annual ring ceremony on Thursday, a record for the university in a given academic year.
- Native Student Athletes Strengthen Cultural Ties at UMass Boston
UMass Boston is home to a minor in Native American and indigenous studies and four minority research institutions, including the Institute for New England Native American Studies.
- UMass Boston Freshman Wadeline Jonathas Brings Home Two More National Titles
Wadeline Jonathas, a freshman originally from Gonaives, Haiti, picked up two more national titles over Memorial Day weekend at the NCAA Division III Outdoor Track & Field Championship Meet in Geneva, Ohio.
- Beacons Baseball Wins NCAA Regional, Heads to College World Series
After trading the lead multiple times, UMass Boston's baseball team beat the Babson College Beavers 11-8 Sunday to win the NCAA Division III Baseball New England Regional Championship. The Beacons now advance to the College World Series, which begins this Friday in Appleton, Wisconsin.
- LEC Champion Beacons to Face Penn State Berks in NCAA Baseball Tourney
UMass Boston’s baseball team is back in the NCAA Tournament after winning their second Little East Conference Tournament on Saturday. The No. 2 Beacons beat the No. 3 UMass Dartmouth Corsairs 8-6 in the tournament final.
- UMass Boston Hosts Suffolk County DA Dan Conley’s Basketball for Peace Tournament for Third Time
UMass Boston's Division of Athletics and Recreation, Special Projects and Programs hosted Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s ninth annual Basketball for Peace Tournament last week.
- UMass Boston Hosts Cops for Kids with Cancer Volleyball Tournament
UMass Boston's Division of Athletics and Recreation, Special Projects and Programs, Office of Community Relations, and the Boston Police Department raised nearly $8,000 during the first-ever Cops for Kids with Cancer Volleyball Tournament in the Clark Athletic Center on Saturday.
- Men’s Soccer Advances to Sweet 16
UMass Boston’s men’s soccer team picked up the first two NCAA Tournament wins in program history over the weekend, moving the Beacons on to the Sweet 16 this Saturday, November 19, against Tufts University.
- Men’s Soccer, Women’s Volleyball Win Regular Season Titles; Tourney Play Starts Wednesday
The men's soccer team secured another Little East Conference regular season title on Saturday. They begin their quest for a third straight conference tournament title on Wednesday.
- “Beaconville” Celebrates Class of 2016 Hall of Fame Inductees
Beacons Athletics inducted five of its most distinguished alumni – and the entire championship 2010 baseball team – into the UMass Boston Athletics Hall of Fame at a celebration Thursday night.
- UMass Boston to Induct 2016 Hall of Fame Class on Thursday
UMass Boston will induct the Class of 2016 on Thursday, October 13 at 6 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom during the 14th Annual UMass Boston Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Celebration.
- UMass Boston Men’s Hockey Team Part of Capital One Frozen Fenway 2017
The UMass Boston men’s hockey team will once again play a game at Fenway Park. Fenway Sports Management announced today UMass Boston will take on Babson College on Thursday, January 12 at 7:30 p.m. as part of Capital One Frozen Fenway 2017.
- 14th Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Celebration
Join us on Thursday, October 13 to celebrate the 2016 Athletics Hall of Fame inductees.
- UMass Boston Hosts ‘The BASE’ Urban Baseball Classic
UMass Boston hosted more than 200 baseball players from teams as far away as Chicago this past weekend for the 2nd annual BASE Urban Baseball Classic.
- UMass Boston Athletics Renews Commitment to Pine Street Inn
UMass Boston Athletics will once again make a full-year commitment to the Pine Street Inn, one of the largest homeless shelters in Boston, for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Missing Commencement for Track & Field Championship, National Champion Dons Cap and Gown Early
Senior Hulerie McGuffie will be representing the Beacons one last time in both the 200- and 400-meter dash at the NCAA Division III Outdoor National Championship Meet, so she'll be missing commencement. On Monday, she had a chance to don her cap and gown early.
- Beacons Baseball Wins Regular Season Conference Title, Dedicates Monan Park
UMass Boston’s baseball team won its first regular season Little East Conference title Friday, minutes before UMass Boston dedicated the team’s new shared home with BC High.
- UMass Boston Hosts District Attorney Dan Conley’s 8th Annual Basketball For Peace Tournament
Representatives from the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office, UMass Boston Athletics, the Office of Community Relations, and Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office, as well as former New England Patriot Jermaine Wiggins and 100 youth converged on campus for basketball and bonding Friday.
- UMass Boston Hosts Attorney General at First All Star Anti-Violence Youth Summit
More than 65 students and their families took part in a basketball tournament, toured the UMass Boston campus, and talked about violence in their community with Attorney General Maura Healey on Sunday.
- 2018 UMass Boston Athletics Annual Golf Classic
You can help the Department of Athletics support our student athletes and youth from area neighborhoods by participating in the 2017 UMass Boston Athletics Annual Golf Classic. Registration is at 8.
- 2016 All Star Anti-Violence Youth Summit
Boston Public School youth to tour campus, participate in tournaments and anti-violence discussion
- UMass Boston Community Sends Men’s Hockey Off to the NCAA Frozen Four
UMass Boston students, staff, and faculty sent the UMass Boston men's hockey team off to Lake Placid with a pep rally on Wednesday morning.
- Historic Season Continues: Men’s Hockey to Play in NCAA Frozen Four on Friday
The men's hockey team is headed to the program's first NCAA Frozen Four. They are the first program in UMass Boston history to reach the Final Four in any sport, and they’ll be on ice with some history of its own.
- Men’s Hockey Advances to NCAA Quarterfinals
The Beacons won their first-ever NCAA Division III tournament game over the weekend. They knocked off the defending champions, the Trinity College Bantams, with a 4-0 shutout victory.
- Beacons Baseball Shuts Out MIT in First-Ever Game at Monan Park
UMass Boston’s baseball team opened the new J. Donald Monan, SJ Park in style on Monday, beating MIT 4-0.
- Making History: Men’s and Women’s Hockey Teams Advance to NCAA Tournament for First Time
Following a record-breaking weekend, UMass Boston’s men’s and women’s hockey teams learned Monday which opponents they’ll face in their first-ever appearances in the NCAA tournament.
- Men’s Hockey Wins First Title Since 1982; Conference Tourney Starts Saturday
The UMass Boston’s men’s hockey team won their first regular season conference title since 1982 on Saturday, securing home ice advantage throughout the New England Hockey Conference Tournament.
- Beacons Baseball Team Practices in New Monan Park for the First Time
Monan Park is a shared baseball complex that features a replica Green Monster and a 500-seat field with the same dimensions as Fenway Park.
- UMass Boston Hosts 1st Annual Dana Barros Holiday Basketball Jam
Planning is under way for next year's Dana Barros Holiday Jam, following the success of this past weekend's inaugural tournament at the Clark Athletic Center.
- No. 5 Men’s Hockey Sees Highest-Ever Ranking in Two National Polls
The Beacons are No. 5 in both the D3Hockey.com Top 15 Poll and the USCHO.com Division III Poll.
- UMass Boston Men’s Soccer, Volleyball Teams Advance to NCAA Tournament
Both the men's soccer and the volleyball team won Little East Conference championship games on Saturday, ensuring automatic NCAA tournament bids.
- UMass Boston Inducts 13th Hall of Fame Class
UMass Boston’s Athletics Department inducted its 13th Hall of Fame class on Tuesday. Several of the new inductees shared memories of their playing days at UMass Boston and Boston State College.
- Legendary Coach Mike Jarvis Emphasizes Beacons’ Commitment
Legendary Division 1 Basketball Coach Mike Jarvis visited UMass Boston to share a chapter out of his book, Everybody Needs a Head Coach, about the importance of commitment in sports and in life.
- Beacons Spotlight: Women’s Tennis Returns to Conference Playoffs
UMass Boston’s women’s tennis team travels to No. 4 UMass Dartmouth Tuesday afternoon for their first match of the 2015 Little East Conference Tournament.
- UMass Boston to Induct 2015 Hall of Fame Class Tuesday
The 13th Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Celebration starts at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 20 in the Campus Center ballroom.
- A Conversation with Mike Jarvis
Mike Jarvis, a basketball coach with an incredible 648-351 overall record, will share stories from a lifetime in sports as well as the leadership principles he's learned as a coach and mentor.
- UMass Boston Athletics Begins Yearlong Commitment to Pine Street Inn
UMass Boston Athletics last week became the first program in the state to make a full-year commitment to the Pine Street Inn.
- UMass Boston’s Men’s Soccer Team No. 23 in National Poll
For the first time in program history, UMass Boston’s men’s soccer team is ranked in a national poll. On Tuesday, the 10-0 Beacons moved up to No. 23 in the National Soccer Coaches Association of America NCAA Division III Top 25 Poll.
- Men’s Hockey Receives First NCAA Statistical Champion Plaque
The 2013-14 men's and women's track and field teams and the 2014-15 men's hockey team were honored for their past accomplishments on Monday
- Student-Athletes Snap Selfies with Professors in “We Are One” Campaign
Beginning this fall, Beacons Athletics will launch a campaign called “We Are One” that highlights the relationships our student-athlete population shares with administration, faculty, and staff.
- Connecting Diversity and Athletics
Connecting Diversity and Athletics
- Terry Condon to Be Inducted into American Volleyball Coaches Association Hall of Fame
UMass Boston volleyball coach Terry Condon, who has turned the Beacons into a Division III powerhouse, has been chosen as a member of the American Volleyball Coaches Association’s 13th annual Hall of Fame class.
- 13th Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Celebration
Join us as the university celebrates UMass Boston's greatest athletes and inducts the Class of 2015 into the Hall of Fame.
- 2015 Welcome Week Events: September 12
It's a women's volleyball doubleheader as they take on Christopher Newport University and Eastern Connecticut University.
- UMass Boston Alumnae Inducted into New England Basketball Hall of Fame
Former men's basketball coach Charlie Titus and women's basketball alumnae Andreen Gilpin '04 and Eileen Fenton '91 were honored by the New England Basketball Hall of Fame on Saturday.
- UMass Boston Celebrates Groundbreaking of Monan Park, a Fenway for Columbia Point
Student athletes, alumni, and community members from UMass Boston and Boston College High School broke ground Thursday on a shared baseball complex that will feature a replica Green Monster and a 500-seat field with the same dimensions as Fenway Park.
- UMass Boston, BC High to Break Ground on Community Baseball Complex
Joining forces, Boston College High School and the University of Massachusetts Boston will break ground on a new shared community baseball complex with a ceremony on Thursday, June 11 at 4 p.m. at BC High.
- UMass Boston’s Charlie Titus Under Armour Athletic Director of the Year
The National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) has chosen UMass Boston’s Charlie Titus as one of the 28 winners of its Under Armour AD of the Year Award.
- “Bobbi the Beacon” to Graduate Friday
Three-sport athlete Kirsten Morrison is one of a handful of students who plays Bobby the Beacon at campus events.
- Men’s Soccer Team Receives Championship Rings
The men’s soccer team received their Little East Conference championship rings in a special ceremony on Wednesday.
- Beacons Spotlight: Triple Threat Kirsten Morrison Named All-Conference
Last week, senior exercise and health sciences major Kirsten Morrison became the first UMass Boston Beacon to earn All-Conference honors in three sports: volleyball, basketball, and softball.
- Beacons Spotlight: Kyle Szatrowski Closes Out College Career with Pitcher of the Week Honors
Senior marketing major Kyle Szatrowski is ending his Beacons career the same way he started it – in record-setting fashion. Szatrowski was named the Little East Conference Pitcher of the Week for striking out a career-best nine batters in a 16-7 win over Western Connecticut State.
- Monan Park Groundbreaking
J. Donald Monan, SJ Park will serve as the home field for both UMass Boston and BC High in the spring and fall, and as a community resource during the off-season.
- Coach Titus Receives NABC Guardians of the Game Leadership Award
Charlie Titus is the first coach in Little East Conference history to win the NABC's Guardians of the Game Leadership Award.
- Beacons Sports: Softball Pitcher, Men’s Tennis Ace Set Program Win Records
It was a big weekend for the Beacons, with two different Beacons setting program records for wins.
- Baseball, Softball Teams Earn First Wins of the Season on Spring Break Trip to Florida
Continuing an annual tradition, the Beacons softball and baseball teams have arrived in Florida for their first games of the season.
- Race and Gender in Sports Expert to Beacon Athletes: You Have the Power to Affect Change
Conversation with Richard Lapchick kicks off the planning for a sport management program at UMass Boston.
- Conversation with Richard Lapchick, Internationally-Recognized Expert on Race and Gender in Sports
Richard E. Lapchick is a human rights activist and pioneer for racial equality.
- Beacons Win on ‘Charlie Titus Day’ as Titus Ends 40-Year Men’s Basketball Coaching Career
The UMass Boston Beacons celebrated a 95-79 win Western Connecticut State University on Saturday afternoon in the Clark Convocation and Athletic Center, but it was really Coach Charlie Titus’s day.
- Beacons Spotlight: Albee Daley Provides Assists On and Off the Ice
Sophomore forward Albee Daley is hoping to provide a spark this Saturday when No. 2 UMass Boston hosts No. 7 Skidmore College at 7 p.m. in the ECAC East quarterfinals.
- Beacons Spotlight: Cappione Boosts Beacons Offensive Attack
Alexa Cappione's defense will be crucial for the women's hockey team as the Beacons approach the final week of the regular season.
- Beacons Spotlight: Two-Sport Star Carl Joseph Nets 1,000th Point
UMass Boston's first three-time All-American in track and field notches 1,000th point as a member of the men's basketball team. Oh, and he drives the Zamboni too.
- 2015 UMass Boston Liberty Mutual Insurance Alumni Cup Golf Tournament
You can help the Department of Athletics support our student athletes and youth from area neighborhoods by participating in the 2015 UMass Boston Liberty Mutual Insurance Alumni Cup Golf Tournament.
- Beacons Sports: Two Beacons Join 1,000 Point Club
Two UMass Boston Beacons joined the 1,000 point club this fall.
- UMass Boston Athletics Participates in Helping Hands Gift Giving Celebration
Members of the community donated holiday presents, including clothing, toys, and books to over 80 children.
- Men’s Hockey Team Sets Program Record With No. 5 Ranking in National Poll
On Monday, the University of Massachusetts Boston men’s hockey team received their highest-ever national ranking. The Beacons are No. 5 in the USCHO.com poll, up one spot from last week.
- After 40 Years, Charlie Titus to Retire from Coaching at End of Basketball Season
After nearly four decades at the helm of the University of Massachusetts Boston men’s basketball program, Head Coach Charlie Titus has announced that the 2014–15 season will be his last on the Beacons bench.
- UMass Boston Community Celebrates Fall Student-Athletes
Students, faculty, staff, and UMass Boston mascot Bobby the Beacon gathered Wednesday, November 19 to show their appreciation for the fall Beacons athletics teams. For the first time in school history, all three fall sports squads competed in the Little East Conference tournament.
- Celebrate a Banner Year for the Beacons
Come to the Campus Center for refreshments, music, and free t-shirts!
- Men’s Soccer Team Advances to First NCAA Tournament
The UMass Boston men’s soccer team will travel to Dudley, Massachusetts to face Nichols College on Thursday at 1 p.m. in the first round of the Division III NCAA tournament.
- UMass Boston to Host Three Conference Semifinal Matches This Week
The men's soccer team plays Wednesday at 1:30 p.m., the women's soccer team plays on Thursday at 1:30 p.m., and the volleyball team plays on Saturday at noon.
- Beacons Sports: Men’s Soccer Wins First Regular Season Conference Title; Volleyball 6th
The men’s soccer team won its first regular season Little East Conference title on Sunday, the volleyball team has won its sixth consecutive conference title on Tuesday, and the women’s soccer team could earn a conference title on Saturday.
- UMass Boston Hockey Players Read for the Record
Beacons icers team up with preschoolers to set a national record
- Beacons Spotlight: Krista Ledin Becomes First to Score 200 Points
Krista Ledin, a senior nursing major, has become the first soccer player in Beacons and Little East Conference history to score more than 200 points.
- UMass Boston to Induct 12th Hall of Fame Class on October 9
As part of the university’s 50th anniversary celebration, UMass Boston’s Division of Athletics and Recreation, Special Programs and Projects will induct its twelfth Hall of Fame class on Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Beacons Sports: Volleyball Nets Coach Condon 200th Win
The volleyball team’s 3-0 victory over Babson College on Friday gave Terry Condon her 200th win as the Beacons head coach.
- UMass Boston Volleyball Team No. 22 in National Preseason Poll
UMass Boston’s volleyball team is ranked No. 22 in the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) preseason poll, only the second time in program history the Beacons have been ranked to open the year.
- 12th Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Celebration
Join us as the university celebrates UMass Boston's greatest athletes and inducts the Class of 2014 into the Hall of Fame.
- UMass Boston High Jumper Overcomes Hurdles On, Off Track
The holder of UMass Boston's indoor high jump record is nearly blind in his left eye.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Senior Outfielder Co-Conference Player of the Year
Senior Jamill Moquete recorded 45 hits, including seven doubles, six triples, and four home runs.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Baseball to Open LEC Tournament Play on Wednesday
UMass Boston’s baseball team will take on UMass Dartmouth on Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the opening round of the Little East Conference Tournament.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Track and Field Brings Home 8 Gold Medals
UMass Boston sophomore Hulerie McGuffie set a Little East Conference record with five gold medals at the LEC Outdoor Championship over the weekend.
- UMass Boston Runners Prepare for 2014 Boston Marathon
Monday's Boston Marathon will serve as not only a time to remember and reflect; it will also be about showing resilience, completing a goal, and raising money for a good cause.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Freshman Shatters 1986 Record at Track Meet
Freshman Taylor Smith broke both the 1986 UMass Boston program record and the meet record with her throw of 129-01 feet.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Women’s Softball Coach Picks up 100th Win
Softball Head Coach Natalia Ardagna has more wins than any previous Beacons softball coach.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Men’s Tennis Sweeps Conference Honors
The men’s tennis team (1-5) picked up both weekly Little East Conference (LEC) honors on Monday.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Baseball Erases 5-Run Deficit With Walk-Off Win in Florida
The University of Massachusetts Boston Beacons came back from a five-run deficit in the ninth inning to defeat Bethel University, 8-7 on Thursday.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Sprinter Hulerie McGuffie Places 2nd at Indoor National Championships
Sophomore Hulerie McGuffie has become the first Beacon to earn back-to-back All-America honors in more than 20 years.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Sophomore Sprinter Qualifies for Nationals
Sophomore sprinter Hulerie McGuffie will be representing UMass Boston at the indoor national championships this weekend. This is the first time UMass Boston has been represented at the indoor national championships in more than 20 years.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Lacrosse Opens Season with a Win
Sophomore lacrosse player Noah Ellis of Hingham scored four times to lead the UMass Boston Beacons (1-0) to a 12-3 season-opening rout of Johnson & Wales University on Saturday.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Hockey Advances, Basketball Conference Tourney Starts Tonight
Men’s hockey Head Coach Peter Belisle picked up his 100th win on Saturday as the Beacons trumped No. 6 seed University of New England, 7-2, in the ECAC East playoffs.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Men’s, Women’s Hockey Victorious on Senior Day
Travis Daniel ties a program record with his 11th career game-winning goal in a win against the University of New England.