- UMass Boston Graduate Student Receives American Chemical Society Award for Green Chemistry Research
Chemistry graduate student Steven Couture has received a $2,000 award to attend the American Chemical Society’s March conference in New Orleans. He’ll present about the green chemistry research that he is conducting in Professor of Chemistry Hannah Sevian’s research group.
- Japanese Government Honors Professor Paul Watanabe with Order of the Rising Sun
UMass Boston Professor of Political Science and Institute for Asian American Studies Director Paul Watanabe has been awarded the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon, by the Japanese government.
- School for the Environment Climate Scientists Receive National Award
School for the Environment professors Ellen Douglas and Paul Kirshen and their research team were one of 18 groups nationwide to receive the Federal Highway Administration’s 2017 Environmental Excellence Award, for the Boston Harbor Flood Risk Model.
- UMass Boston Professor to Receive Public Service Award for ‘Dark Money’ Research
The Massachusetts Association of School Committees will present Associate Professor of Political Science Maurice Cunningham with its 2017 Distinguished Public Service Award at the group’s annual convention next month.
- UMass Boston Scientist Receives Harvard University Bullard Fellowship to Study Threatened Hemlocks
Crystal Schaaf is a noted expert on remote sensing.
- Professor Karen Suyemoto Elected as AAPA Fellow
Suyemoto has had an impact on her students, and on her colleagues in psychology
- Camp Shriver Thanks Our 2015 Heroes
Continuing our Camp Shriver tradition, the Center for Social Development and Education would like to award members of the UMass Boston community who have made a special contribution to Camp Shriver over the past decade.
- Conflict Resolution Convocation Award Recipient
Maha Thaher, a Fulbright scholar from Palestine, wins the 2015 Convocation award.
- Chair and Professor Rosanna DeMarco to Accept the 2015 Excellence in Research Award
Chair and Professor Rosanna DeMarco, PhD, RN, PHCNS-BC, APHN-BC, FAAN, has been named the 2015 recipient of the “Excellence in Research Award” given by the New England Regional Black Nurses Association (NERBNA).
- UMass Boston Student Honored with Kingston-Mann Student Achievement Award
Jacqueline Perry is among honorees recognized for undergraduate research.
- APLU Selects UMass Boston for 2014 Innovation and Economic Prosperity University Award
The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU) has named the University of Massachusetts Boston a recipient of its second annual Innovation and Economic Prosperity (IEP) University Awards.
- Public Affairs Alumna Earns Student Manuscript of Year Award from National Organization
The Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration (NASPAA) selected Maureen Thomas, ' 14 as co-winner of the 2014 Pi Alpha Alpha Master’s Student Manuscript of the Year award
- UMass Boston’s College of Management Celebrates Spring Convocation
On May 27, the College of Management celebrated the 2014 Convocation Award and Scholarship winners.
- International Relations Program Honors Daniel Zaleznik: An ‘Outstanding Thinker’
The winner of this year's International Relations Convocation Award has a perfect GPA and was a member of the UMass Boston faculty-student team that traveled to Nairobi, Kenya last year to participate in the Governing Council meetings of the United Nations Environment Programme.
- UMass Boston’s Project ALERTA Honored at White House as Top After-school Program
Project ALERTA was one of only 15 after-school programs chosen from 458 nominations nationwide for an award from the White House.