- Beacons Spotlight: Kyle Szatrowski Closes Out College Career with Pitcher of the Week Honors
Senior marketing major Kyle Szatrowski is ending his Beacons career the same way he started it –i n record-setting fashion. Szatrowski was named the Little East Conference Pitcher of the Week for striking out a career-best nine batters in a 16-7 win over Western Connecticut State.
- Fr. Monan Park Groundbreaking
Fr. Monan Park will serve as the home field for both UMass Boston and BC High in the spring and fall, and as a community resource during the off-season.
- Beacons Sports: Softball Pitcher, Men’s Tennis Ace Set Program Win Records
It was a big weekend for the Beacons, with two different Beacons setting program records for wins.
- Baseball, Softball Teams Earn First Wins of the Season on Spring Break Trip to Florida
Continuing an annual tradition, the Beacons softball and baseball teams have arrived in Florida for their first games of the season.
- UMass Boston’s Jamill Moquete Selected By the Baltimore Orioles in MLB Amateur Draft
The 2014 Little East Conference Co-Player of the Year Jamill Moquete has become just the second player in University of Massachusetts Boston history to be drafted by a professional sports organization.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Senior Outfielder Co-Conference Player of the Year
Senior Jamill Moquete recorded 45 hits, including seven doubles, six triples, and four home runs.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Baseball to Open LEC Tournament Play on Wednesday
UMass Boston’s baseball team will take on UMass Dartmouth on Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the opening round of the Little East Conference Tournament.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Baseball Erases 5-Run Deficit With Walk-Off Win in Florida
The University of Massachusetts Boston Beacons came back from a five-run deficit in the ninth inning to defeat Bethel University, 8-7 on Thursday.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (May 6-12)
A 5-2 loss to Skidmore College in the NCAA Tournament ends the best-ever season for men's tennis at UMass Boston
- The Week in Beacons Sports (March 11-March 17)
The UMass Boston baseball and softball teams opened their 2013 seasons in sunny Florida as New England struggled to shake off winter.
- Freshman Pitcher Throws First No-Hitter in UMass Boston History
UMass Boston pitcher Kyle Szatrowski threw the first no-hitter in UMass Boston program history in his third start on the mound.
- UMass Boston Beacons Baseball Team Receives Championship Rings
The UMass Boston Beacons baseball team capped off their team's best season in university history when they received their championship rings.