- Beacons Spotlight: Triple Threat Kirsten Morrison Named All-Conference
Last week, senior exercise and health sciences major Kirsten Morrison became the first UMass Boston Beacon to earn All-Conference honors in three sports: volleyball, basketball, and softball.
- Coach Titus Receives NABC Guardians of the Game Leadership Award
Charlie Titus is the first coach in Little East Conference history to win the NABC's Guardians of the Game Leadership Award.
- Beacons Sports: Basketball, Hockey Teams Begin Conference Tournament Play
The UMass Boston men’s hockey team earned a spot in this Saturday’s ECAC East conference semifinals by besting Skidmore College 11-1 over the weekend.
- Beacons Win on ‘Charlie Titus Day’ as Titus Ends 40-Year Men’s Basketball Coaching Career
The UMass Boston Beacons celebrated a 95-79 win Western Connecticut State University on Saturday afternoon in the Clark Convocation and Athletic Center, but it was really Coach Charlie Titus’s day.
- Celebrating 40 Years of Coaching and Mentoring: Charlie Titus’s Last Game As Head Coach
Show your support for UMass Boston’s longest-serving coach as he coaches his last regular season game. A ceremony at mid-court will follow the game against Western Connecticut State University.
- Beacons Spotlight: Two-Sport Star Carl Joseph Nets 1,000th Point
UMass Boston's first three-time All-American in track and field notches 1,000th point as a member of the men's basketball team. Oh, and he drives the Zamboni too.
- Beacons Sports: Two Beacons Join 1,000 Point Club
Two UMass Boston Beacons joined the 1,000 point club this fall.
- After 40 Years, Charlie Titus to Retire from Coaching at End of Basketball Season
After nearly four decades at the helm of the University of Massachusetts Boston men’s basketball program, Head Coach Charlie Titus has announced that the 2014–15 season will be his last on the Beacons bench.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Women’s Softball Coach Picks up 100th Win
Softball Head Coach Natalia Ardagna has more wins than any previous Beacons softball coach.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Hockey Advances, Basketball Conference Tourney Starts Tonight
Men’s hockey Head Coach Peter Belisle picked up his 100th win on Saturday as the Beacons trumped No. 6 seed University of New England, 7-2, in the ECAC East playoffs.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Olivia Murphy Player of the Week for 3rd Time
Sophomore Olivia Murphy of Canton was named the Little East Conference Player of the Week after leading the women’s basketball team (11-6) to a 1-1 week.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Track and Field Sets 5 Personal Bests
Four Beacons set personal bests at the Ramapo College Indoor Select in New York City on Saturday. Freshman Christopher Sian-Aguirre posted two career bests for a school total of five.
- 2014 Winter Welcome Week Events: February 1
Go on a ski trip to Pats Peak or cheer on the Beacons.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 26-December 2)
Men's Basketball Head Coach Charlie Titus goes for his 301st win tonight at 7:30.
- UMass Boston Basketball Head Coach Charlie Titus Records 300th Win
UMass Boston men's basketball (3-2) overcame a 13-point first-half deficit to help Head Coach Charlie Titus earn win number 300 at the varsity level Friday afternoon.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 19-November 25)
The volleyball team (24-16) nearly pulled off an upset in the NCAA national tournament on Thursday, but fell short of its goal to best the top Division III team, Calvin College, and advance.
- Intramural 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
Sign up your team for the 3-on-3 basketball tournament!
- Who Will Win March Madness? UMass Boston Alumnus Andrew Clark Can Probably Tell You
Clark '09 has picked five of the last eight Final Four champions, and his book offers tips on how to ace your NCAA bracket
- The Week in Beacons Sports (Jan. 21-27)
Men’s Hockey Team Earns Highest-Ever Ranking in D3Hockey.com Poll; Personal Bests for Men's and Women's Track and Field
- Beacons to Bleed Blue and Pink for Cancer Research
Sneakers and Suits Game January 26; Pink Game February 9; Pink at the Rink February 15
- TODAY: Basketball Doubleheader in Renovated Clark Center Gym
Men's Team Tips Off at 5:30 p.m. vs. Suffolk; Women Follow at 7:30
- UMass Boston Basketball Team Shares Skills with Local Youth
UMass Boston’s Office of Community Relations worked with Head Coach and Vice Chancellor for Athletics and Recreation Charlie Titus to bring the men’s basketball team to the Grove Hall Community Center for an afternoon.
- UMass Boston to Host Beacon Tailgate Party on Saturday
UMass Boston will host a Beacon Tailgate Party at the Clark Athletic Center on Saturday, December 10, beginning at 1 p.m. as the men's and women's basketball teams take on Keene State.
- Beacon Tailgate Party: Basketball
The University of Massachusetts Boston will host its second Beacon Tailgate Party at the Clark Athletic Center on Saturday, December 10.