- Cybersecurity Grant Promotes Smoother Progress from Community College to UMass Boston
Citing the growing demand for cybersecurity-related education in today’s job market, the Department of Higher Education recently awarded UMass Boston and Broadening Advanced Technological Education Connections (BATEC) a $195,735 cybersecurity collaboration grant.
- UMass Boston Receives Excellence and Innovation Award
The University of Massachusetts Boston was recognized by the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) in Washington, D.C. on Sunday, receiving the association’s Excellence and Innovation Award for Regional and Economic Development.
- Robots Teach Teachers at BATEC’s Summer Institute
BATEC's summer institute helped instructors integrate up-to-date technology into their classrooms.
- Workforce Summit Tackles Challenges and Opportunities for Middle-Skilled Workers in IT Sector
"This collaborative effort with the TechAmerica Foundation has uncovered data that we hope will help us close the gap between those who are looking for quality workers and those who are seeking retooling and employment," says Deborah Boisvert, Executive Director of BATEC.
- BATEC Wins $5 Million Grant from National Science Foundation
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded a $5 million four-year grant to BATEC, a regional leader in IT education reform housed within University College at UMass Boston.
- BATEC Wins $5 Million Grant to Expand IT Education Reform to More Urban Areas
BATEC, housed in UMass Boston's University College, will expand to Chicago, San Francisco, and Las Vegas thanks to a $5 million NSF grant.