Tag: Boston Marathon
- UMass Boston Staffers Running Boston Marathon in Krystle Campbell’s Memory
For a second year in a row, a team of local business executives, UMass students, graduates, and staff will run the Boston Marathon in honor of former UMass Boston student Krystle Campbell, a victim of the 2013 marathon bombings.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Senior Volleyball Player Runs in 2014 Boston Marathon
Senior volleyball player Christine DuPuis finished the Boston Marathon in 5:57:39 on Monday. It was her first marathon.
- UMass Boston Runners Prepare for 2014 Boston Marathon
Monday's Boston Marathon will serve as not only a time to remember and reflect; it will also be about showing resilience, completing a goal, and raising money for a good cause.
- UMass Boston Student Runs Marathon in Honor of Krystle Campbell and Scholarship Fund
UMass Boston graduate student Matthew Conlon, a Weymouth native, is running in the 2014 Boston Marathon to raise money for the Krystle Campbell Scholarship Fund.
- UMass Boston Community Reflects on Marathon at Remembrance Ceremony
The University of Massachusetts Boston community gathered for a solemn Boston Marathon Remembrance ceremony on Tuesday, the first anniversary of the bombings at the finish line.
- UMass Boston to Host Marathon Remembrance, Raise Money for This Year’s Runners
The UMass Boston campus community will participate in a series of events next week to celebrate this year’s Boston Marathon and to commemorate the victims of last year’s tragedy, including alumna Krystle Campbell.
- UMass Boston to Host Boston Marathon Remembrance on Tuesday
All members of the university community are invited to attend the event, which will be held in the Campus Center, Ballroom C, from noon to 3 p.m., to mark the one-year anniversary of the attacks.
- Trustee Campbell’s Statement on Run for Krystle
Richard Campbell, UMass Board of Trustees Member, encourages the community to support the Run For Krystle University of Massachusetts 2014 Boston Marathon team and The Krystle Campbell Scholarship.
- Marathon Anniversary Counseling Center Drop-In Hours
The University Health Services Counseling Center is offering drop-in hours for students needing support during this time.
- The Boston Marathon-A History of Resilience: A Talk with Kathrine Switzer
Join us to hear from Kathrine Switzer, the first woman ever to run the Boston Marathon as a numbered entrant.
- Boston Strong—Messages of Hope, Healing, and Thanks for Spaulding Rehab Hospital Patients & Staff
Take a moment out of your day to send a message of hope and healing to Spaulding’s current patients or to thank the hospital’s nurses, therapists, and doctors.
- UMass Boston Awards Posthumous Degree To Marathon Bombing Victim
The brother of Krystle Campbell, a former sociology student who died in the April 15 attack, accepted a posthumous bachelor of arts degree on her behalf.
- Chancellor Motley to UMass Boston Class of 2013: “I Want Them To Hear You on Nantucket”
Unusual sorrow, unrestrained joy were side by side among the 10,000 in attendance for UMass Boston's spring commencement.
- Team Camp Shriver Runs the 2013 Boston Marathon
"It was hours before I knew that all my team members and their families were safe, even those who had been watching from the stands at the finish line. Those hours of waiting were some of the longest of my life."
- UMass Boston Runs, Walks to Raise $1K for One Fund
More than 100 people participate in UMass Boston Strong 2.62-Mile Run/Walk
- UMass Boston to Award Posthumous Degree to Krystle Campbell
Bachelor of arts degree to be awarded May 31 at undergraduate commencement
- UMass Boston Students Show Bravery Amid Chaos at Marathon
Marathon Monday started with bright smiles for the UMass Boston students who volunteered to be members of a medical "sweep team" for runners in distress. When tragedy struck, theirs became a story of bravery amid chaos
- UMass Boston Community Reflects on Marathon Tragedy; Honors Victims
A large crowd gathered in the Campus Center to remember former student Krystle Campbell, look back on a week of devastation, and begin the healing process.
- Service of Reflection Set for Monday Afternoon
The university is also offering counseling and other services to members of our community in the wake of Monday's marathon tragedy.
- Trio with UMass Boston Ties Will Run Boston Marathon
Students Steven Tashjian and Greg Fleming, and UMass Boston supporter Lauryn Field running Monday's 117th annual race to benefit cancer research, university programs.
- Connie Chan Shares Winning Strategies with Athletes On-Campus and Across the Globe
MGS Associate Dean has a "second life" as a sports psychologist motivating athletes and coaches.
- Run for Camp Shriver in 2013 Boston Marathon
UMass Boston's inclusive summer sports camp has been designated an official Marathon Charity Partner