- Social Media Day: Integrate Social Media Into Your Business Life
How can you use social media successfully without becoming consumed by it? How do you best balance effectiveness and efficiency? Get the answers at the Digital Media Lab's fifth social media day.
- Parabase Genomics Completes First Close of Series B Financing, Launches South Boston Lab
UMass Boston’s Venture Development Center incubated the biotech company
- College of Management Featured in The Princeton Review’s “Best 296 Business Schools: 2015 Edition”
The University of Massachusetts Boston's College of Management is recognized by the Princeton Review as one of the nation’s most outstanding business schools.
- VDC Company Receives New Patent for Powerful, Affordable Shared Memory Computers
Symmetric Computing will bring "supercomputing to the masses."
- UMass Boston Minute: David McFarlane on Students and the Innovation Economy
The director of the Entrepreneur Center talks about what it takes to innovate in Boston.
- School for the Environment Affiliated Personnel Champion Environmental Issues at Canadian Conference
Department of Marketing and Management faculty spread the word about environmental issues in conferences and journals.
- College of Management Inducts Students into Beta Gamma Sigma
The College of Management inducts undergraduate and graduate students into its honor society, Beta Gamma Sigma.
- UMass Boston to Launch Next Big Thing in Business
Six businesses run by UMass Boston students are hoping to join the ranks of eco-friendly surfboard company Green Lightning and picture-sharing social media firm Dpicd as winners of the Entrepreneurship Center’s Business Launch Competition.
- Social Media: What’s Next?
Businesses need to identify social media trends early and devise a strategy accordingly. Join UMass Boston and experts from Google, HubSpot, and others to learn about the future of social media.
- Management Students Develop Ideas for Promoting Arts, Businesses in Upham’s Corner
Undergraduate students have developed ideas for promoting the arts and bringing businesses to Dorchester's Upham's Corner neighborhood. The university's partnership with Upham's Corner Main Street is one of more than 300.
- MSBDC Client Wins $60,000 by Creating Device for Disasters, Hostage Situations
The entrepreneurs behind one of TIME's best inventions in 2012 sought guidance from the Massachusetts Small Business Development Center at UMass Boston.
- Student Entrepreneur Program Offers Stepping Stone for UMass Boston Interns
The StEP program has placed 100 student interns with startup companies in just four years, and most of those students have become full-time employees.
- Johnny Cupcakes Founder to Share Recipe for Success
UMass Boston's College of Management will host Johnny Earle, aka Johnny Cupcakes, on September 19, as he gives a free lecture on how he created a multimillion-dollar brand.
- Management Students Spend Summer Exploring Business Opportunities in China
As part of a University College course, UMass Boston students met with a host of top Chinese business executives during a two-week trip to China.
- Emerging Leaders at UMass Boston Work to Make Bay State More Business-Friendly
The ELP projects contribute to economic and social well-being of Greater Boston.
- 2012 Business Launch Competition Award Ceremony
Watch as the winner of the Entrepreneurship Center's second-annual Business Launch Competition receives $20,000 in prizes.
- Second Annual Business Launch Competition Offers $22K in Prizes
This year, the winner of the Business Launch Competition will receive $20,000 in prizes, almost double last year’s prize amount. Applications will be accepted through February 28.
- Chancellor Motley Named to BBJ’s Power 50 List of Area Influencers
University of Massachusetts Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley has been named to the Boston Business Journal first Power 50 list of the region's most influential businesspeople in 2011. The members of the 2011 Power 50 will be recognized in a special supplement in the BBJ in October.
- UMass Boston Welcomes White House Business Council
U.S. Department of Labor Assistant Secretary Jane Oates met with local high-tech and life science executives at UMass Boston's Venture Development Center.
- UMass Boston Hosts White House Business Council Roundtable
U.S. Department of Labor Assistant Secretary Jane Oates and Joanne Goldstein, state secretary of Labor and Workforce Development, visited the VDC July 28.
- CM Students Become Bloomberg Certified
College of Management students complete Bloomberg certification
- UMass Boston Student-run Startups Compete for Money, Expert Help in Launching Businesses
A dozen student-based startup companies are competing in the first ever Business Launch Competition hosted by the College of Management's Entrepreneurship Center.
- New Graduate Programs on the Horizon
UMass Boston's faculty and administration have successfully proposed establishing six new graduate programs.