Tag: Camp Shriver
- Camp Shriver Celebrates 10 Years of Welcoming Children of All Abilities
Camp Shriver, which celebrated its 10th anniversary in a celebration with Special Olympics International Chair Tim Shriver on Tuesday, has served more than 1,000 children from low-income neighborhoods in Boston, Brockton, and Quincy.
- Camp Shriver’s 10th Anniversary Celebration
Together with Tim Shriver, chairman of Special Olympics International, Camp Shriver will honor the legacy of Eunice Kennedy Shriver and 10 years of serving children with and without disabilities.
- UMass Boston’s Camp Shriver Awarded $100K
Camp Shriver has been selected as one of 100 local organizations to receive grants of $100,000 through the Cummings Foundation’s $100k for 100 program. The UMass Boston program was chosen from more than 430 applicants.
- UMass Boston Runners Prepare for 2014 Boston Marathon
Monday's Boston Marathon will serve as not only a time to remember and reflect; it will also be about showing resilience, completing a goal, and raising money for a good cause.
- UMass Boston Minute: Camp Shriver
"Camp Shriver is a sports and recreation camp. It's an opportunity for kids from Boston to come to UMass, have some fun, also make some friends." -- Mark Spolidoro, director of Camp Shriver at UMass Boston.
- Rite Aid Donates $5,000 to Camp Shriver at UMass Boston
The annual summer camp provides lessons in competition, camaraderie, and inclusion to students of all ability levels and backgrounds.
- Team Camp Shriver Runs the 2013 Boston Marathon
"It was hours before I knew that all my team members and their families were safe, even those who had been watching from the stands at the finish line. Those hours of waiting were some of the longest of my life."
- Run for Camp Shriver in 2013 Boston Marathon
UMass Boston's inclusive summer sports camp has been designated an official Marathon Charity Partner
- Shriver and Kennedy Family Members Help with Camp Shriver’s Fifth Summer of Fun and Friendship
Anthony Shriver, founder and chairman of Best Buddies International, and the son of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, visited the last day of Camp Shriver.