Tag: Center For Governance And Sustainability
- McCormack PhD Student Chosen to Attend International Workshop for Young Scholars
Congrats to Natalia Escobar-Pemberthy who will attend U.N. workshop in India on international law.
- UMass Boston Hosts First Annual IGERT Research Symposium
National Science Foundation-funded doctoral fellows present transdisciplinary environmental research on the Horn of Africa.
- How the Explosive Combination of Sustainability Information with Big Data is Changing Capitalism
Robert K. Massie, executive director of the Sustainable Solutions Lab at UMass Boston, will discuss the evolutionary changes that he believes lie in the decades ahead.
- Christiana Figueres, Architect of Paris Agreement, Returns to UMass Boston
Executive secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change speaks to packed house at Edward M. Kennedy Institute
- UMass Boston Practices What it Teaches, Researches, in Ethiopia
UMass Boston faculty members and students spent part of the winter break in Ethiopia sharing their scholarship, conducting research, and hosting workshops on environmental issues.
- UMass Boston’s COP21 Participants Discuss Paris Pact at Sustainable Solutions Lab Event
UMass Boston’s Sustainable Solutions Lab, a cross-disciplinary institute launched this semester to address the complex impacts of climate change, convened an expert panel Wednesday to discuss the lessons learned from the Paris Agreement, a historic international accord reached at December’s COP21 co
- Christiana Figueres to Present at UMass Boston’s Sustainable Solutions Lab Speaker Series
Lifting the Billions: The Intersection of Climate and Development Policy
- Delivering on the Paris Promise: Climate Opportunities and Challenges
Join the Sustainable Solutions Lab for the first lecture in the Climate at a Crossroads series.
- UMass Boston Co-Hosts High-Level Environmental Diplomacy Workshop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Regional Environmental Diplomacy Institute (REDI)-Africa, is convening officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Members of Parliament from Djibouti and Ethiopia and experts, practitioners & civil society advocates from Addis Ababa and Boston
- Climate at a Crossroads: How Can Paris Kickstart a Zero Carbon, Resilient Economy?
Featuring Rachel Kyte, Vice President and Special Envoy for Climate Change, World Bank
- Stanley Johnson Awarded Royal Society Medal for Protection of Nature
Kudos to McCormack fellow who earns Royal Society for the Protection of Birds Medal
- Ivanova Participates in UN High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
UN Board promotes science, technology, and innovation to support post-2015 sustainable development goals
- McCormack Team Presents Research at ACUNS Conference in The Hague
Academics and practitioners get together to provide new elements to the process of policy-making within the United Nations
- UN Assistant Secretary-General Elliott Harris Discusses Environmental Leadership at UMass Boston
McCormack Grad School's Center for Governance and Sustainability celebrated Earth Day with a lecture on environmental leadership.
- UMass Boston Wins Role as Team Partner in Global Resilience Challenge
Rockefeller Foundation and USAID choose Center for Governance and Sustainability to research solutions to climate change.
- UMass Boston Research Team Assesses Implementation of Global Environmental Treaties
McCormack Grad School faculty and doctoral student evaluate global treaties' implementation.
- UMass Boston’s Center for Governance and Sustainability to Evaluate Environmental Conventions
McCormack Graduate School center earns research grant to evaluate the implementation of global environmental treaties
- Maria Ivanova Participates in Second Meeting of the UN Political Forum on Sustainable Development
McCormack Grad School professor is a lead discussant at U.N. meeting charting the way for an ambitious post-2015 development agenda.
- Promoting Partnership: UMass Boston and Addis Ababa University Continue to Collaborate
Partners sign memorandum of agreement to jointly participate on NSF grant on Coasts and Communities
- UMass Boston Celebrates Research, Innovation, Scholarship, and Creativity at Recent Luncheon
Vice Provost for Research and Dean of Graduate Studies hosts 270 at Campus Center event.
- UNFCCC Executive Secretary Christiana Figueres Discusses the Good News About Climate Change
On September 27, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), delivered a lecture at the Harvard Kennedy School about “The Good News on Climate Change.”
- Celebrating the Life and Work of Nobel Peace Laureate Wangari Maathai
McCormack's Maria Ivanova interviews Maathai's daughter as part of “Africa’s Green Future: Nurturing the Vision of Wangari Maathai” symposium.
- UMass Boston Earns $3M IGERT Grant to Study Natural and Human Systems in Urbanizing Environments
The University of Massachusetts Boston is launching a new graduate program to train the next generation of environmental problem-solvers, funded by a five-year, $3.1 million grant from the National Science Foundation.
- UMass Boston Fellow Analyzes Proposal for a Public-Private United “Nations”
McCormack Grad School's Harris Gleckman examines options for global governance as presented by the Global Redesign Initiative.
- UMass Boston Papers on Sustainable Development Shared with UN Member Countries
Center for Governance and Sustainability publishes issues briefs series on global environmental and sustainable development.
- Stopping Climate Change, A Global Responsibility
UN climate chief Christiana Figueres talks about climate conflict at recent UMass Boston event.
- Entrepreneurship and Women’s Rights in Ethiopia
A discussion with the creator of the first women's bank in Ethiopia—ENAT Bank—Meaza Ashenafi.
- Two McCormack Grad Students Attend Historic UN Environmental Meeting in Kenya
An interview with Daniel Zaleznik and Natalia Escobar-Pemberthy from the Center for Governance and Sustainability
- UNICEF International Development Expert Speaks at McCormack Graduate School
The Center for Governance and Sustainability hosted Katell Le Goulven for scholarly discussion on sustainable development.
- UMass Boston Student-Faculty Delegation Present at the Creation of the UN Environment Assembly
Representatives from McCormack Graduate School attended historic environmental policy event in Nairobi.
- UN Environmental Report for Youth Launched with Input from UMass Boston Students
McCormack Graduate School students contribute to new United Nations publication on the global environment.
- Anamarija Frankić Receives Fulbright Grant to Teach in Croatia in the Fall
Green Boston Harbor Project Director earns grant from Fulbright Specialist Program to share expertise on biomimicry.
- Award-winning UMass Boston Fellow Publishes History of United Nations Environmental Programme
Center for Governance & Sustainability Associate Stanley Johnson pens historical narrative on leading environmental governance organization.
- UMass Boston Faculty-student Delegation Participates in Historic UN Meeting in Nairobi
Center for Governance and Sustainability team is the only major research university with students in their delegation.
- Center for Governance and Sustainability Team Publishes Groundbreaking Research
Professor of Biology Kamaljit Bawa and Research Associate Uttam Shrestha share cutting-edge findings on Nepalese fungus.
- MGS Center for Governance and Sustainability Hosts Ethiopian Delegation
UMass Boston and Addis Ababa University commit to long-term partnership.
- McCormack Grad School Strengthens Ties With Ethiopia
Center for Governance and Sustainability enters long-term partnership with Adaba University
- CGS Fellow Contributes to Book on Sustainability Governance
Transgovernance: Advancing Sustainability Governance is a collection of essays concerning the interplay of politics, science, and media as they relate to sustainability governance.
- UMass Boston Sends Group to Rio+20 Sustainability Conference
7 professors, students, and fellows represented UMass Boston at the once-a-decade environmental conference in Rio de Janeiro in June.
- Designing Global Governance for Sustainability Conference - UMass Boston Brings Research to Policy
Center for Governance and Sustainability launches Global Environmental Outlook (GEO-5)
- Working at the United Nations: An Insider’s Perspective on UN Careers
On April 12, Harris Gleckman, a retired UN official, will speak to the UMass Boston community about careers at the United Nations.
- GBH Director Anamarija Frankić To Speak at NESEA BE12 Conference
Panel to address whole systems practices for greening urban areas
- Ivanova to Speak at Planet Under Pressure Conference in London
MGS Assistant Professor Maria Ivanova invited to prestigious international conference
- Center for Governance and Sustainability Builds Bridges between the Academic and Policy Worlds
CGS team engages in issues of global governance, climate change, and human security.
- GBH Director Anamarija Frankić to Represent UMass Boston at COP-17
Frankić to be UMass Boston representative at climate talks in Durban, South Africa
- International Relations Student Pens Article on United Nations Environment Programme Roundtable
Michael Denney writes on Environment and Finance: Tipping Points Discussion at UNEP Roundtable
- Center for Governance and Sustainability Co-Hosts International Workshop on Environmental Governance
International Environmental Governance: Grounding Policy Reform in Rigorous Analysis